Area 51 & phpBB3

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Captain Kirk

Area 51 & phpBB3

Post by Captain Kirk »

I am just wondering, is the layout of the beta1 & this Area 51 Forum going to be anywhere close to the final layout of phpBB3?

cooleo100d

Re: Area 51 & phpBB3

Post by cooleo100d »

Captain Kirk wrote: I am just wondering, is the layout of the beta1 & this Area 51 Forum going to be anywhere close to the final layout of phpBB3?

No. From whats been said, it's a completley different style, and is REALLY cool.

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Umm, not quite. As far as I know, the style you see here will come with the final release. But there will also be a completely new and as of yet unreleased, secret style in the final release.

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

so a different style isn't just a different colourscheme? Interesting, I hadn't thought the layout was changing. Now I'm more excited 8O
In vino veritas

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Erm.. Well, we're in a realm of confusing terms here, i.e. templates, skins, styles, color schemes, etc. (basically, all stuf that control the way the board looks, but not necessarily in the same way).

I think that the new secret "style" (I don't have an Olympus install at hand to check, but I think that term is also used in the ACP for stuff basically controlled by CSS - colours, fonts, etc.) is a completely new template, although that might just be because I've always assumed as much.

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

right so anything and everything could be changed in the upcoming style. Thanks for clarifying
In vino veritas

Acyd Burn

Post by Acyd Burn »

Style is the term for the three components imageset, theme and template. The imageset is holding a set of the images used, a theme are the CSS and the template consist of the .html files. So, the new style will have all three components. ;)

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Thanks for clarifying that, I'll try to remember :)

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

Hmm, I hadn't heard of a new secret theme before. It just adds to the anticipation though. The tensions mounts. The plot thickens. :mrgreen:

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Haven't been on area51 too often then, have you? ;)