After the release

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Aldenhier

After the release

Post by Aldenhier »

I'm guessing that after the release of 3.0 "Olympus" gold, this forum (area51) will be scrapped and development on 3.2 (or whatever the next version is) will be started here? Is this right or is this place going to be used for something else, or else just totally dumped?

DragonlordP

Re: After the release

Post by DragonlordP »

That's right
you live it or lie it

http://www.electricrequiem.com" target="_blank
greek metal forums and more

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

are they going to keep up the 3.0 development board until they have a "working" (able to post and reply to topics and login and such) 3.2 board? Or will they just start from scratch?

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

If they started from scratch, it wasn't gonna be called 3.2 but 4.0. I don't think there will be so many major changes to have a non-working forum in the beginning. But I'm not in their heads..
you live it or lie it

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

DragonlordP wrote: If they started from scratch, it wasn't gonna be called 3.2 but 4.0. I don't think there will be so many major changes to have a non-working forum in the beginning. But I'm not in their heads..

Err... there will be a 3.2.x. :roll: Also, considering this was a "phpBB2.0-Alpha" forum and the developers are quite intimate with the code the write, there'd be no need for a Stalinistic purge should 3.x mutate into 4.x.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Owatonna

Post by Owatonna »

Woah I forgot about archive.org but phpbb has changed alot since then. 8O

DragonlordP

Post by DragonlordP »

SHS` wrote:
DragonlordP wrote: If they started from scratch, it wasn't gonna be called 3.2 but 4.0. I don't think there will be so many major changes to have a non-working forum in the beginning. But I'm not in their heads..

Err... there will be a 3.2.x. :roll:

Yep, that's what I said. I meant that, because there will be a 3.2.x, the changes won't be dramatic because if they were it would be called 4.0.x.
you live it or lie it

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

SHS` wrote:

Err... there will be a 3.2.x. :roll: Also, considering this was a "phpBB2.0-Alpha" forum and the developers are quite intimate with the code the write, there'd be no need for a Stalinistic purge should 3.x mutate into 4.x.

LOL... Well put... There is no phpBB 3.0 it's going to just morph into 4.0 which will eventually morph into 5.0...

Imagine what's going to happen in around 80 years time, you might have phpBB 20.592.391! Rofl... And you'd still get a thread titled...

When Will phpBB 21 be released
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=24267&p=150842#p150842

Cheers,
Stubbers

Waleed

Post by Waleed »

gLiTcH_

Post by gLiTcH_ »

I remember asking this question before :) viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23035&hilit=