Colour Blind

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Re: Colour Blind

Post by Highway of Life »

stubbers wrote: Try turning everything on... You can't even read the image!! :lol:

Did that... and noticed that as well. :D

Although this sort of discussion should be limited to the feature discussions...
It would be nice to have a nice, small-ish CAPTCHA... if even just for the PDA (?sp) viewers.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Agreed, but has anyone tried veiwing phpBB 3.0 (or 2.0.XX for that matter) on a PDA... That's one thing I haven't tried...

[THINKS]I can so see someone making a mod to allow a PDA freindly version to be created[/THINKS]
[THINKS]Only after creating a mod which allows you to make THINKS bb-code tags!![/THINKS]

SamG

Post by SamG »

I've visited area51 on my Palm, but that's a discussion for another thread :) .

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

stubbers wrote: I also support the feature (I beleive I read somewhere it was to be implemented by RC1 or Final, can't remember) allowing a preveiw of the image in the administration panel.

Already implemented in CVS ;)

SweetLou

Post by SweetLou »

Highway of Life wrote: I've thought about that before, so some of us do think of it, especially when dealing with the CAPTCHA.

I've always wondered. If you are red-green colorblind*, do both red and green look red, or green?
Is it even possible to know this?

No, we can't know. We cannot see red or green. So, depending on the hue, saturation, etc the color* will look different. For example, brown and green for me are the same, usually, again, it depends on the hue. Some "light" greens look yellow, they green traffic signal looks white, but typically if it is a dark green or brown, I think it is brown, if it is a light green or brown, I think it is green. I can't tell a difference between a ripe banana and a green banana. I always have to ask the clerk if the banana is ripe or not, so I know if I should eat it today or in the next couple of days.

Purples, blues with a red hint, look blue to me always! Soft blues and pinks look the same.

As you can tell, it is not as simple as red and green looks the same, it affects many colors*. And that is just for red-green daltonism, there are actually two different types of red-green colorblindness*, so depending on what type you are, you will see different colors*.

I often have a difficult time with CAPTCHA's, depending on how they are done. I often have to try a couple of times before I get it correct. But, for me, this is part of life and I deal with it. I don't get upset or ask others to change for me, except on some CAPTCHA's where the choices made are just too great for me to handle. Some websites, I can't go to because they actually hurt my eyes.

*insert "u" after the second "o" for my non-American friends.