When will RC be released?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
zeroality

Re: When will RC be released?

Post by zeroality »

Yeah man, it's gonna be a while. They have to fix all the bugs in this and new ones will come in all the time. Then they have to correct the ACP grammar/language and redundant links.

Then they have to do a US EN language pack, create tutorials, FAQs, retool the current phpBB forums, on and on. I'd say late 2006 would be optimistic really.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

zeroality wrote: Then they have to do a US EN language pack
Errr.... I don't belive so.
create tutorials, FAQs
I believe there is already a dedicated documentation team who have been working on this for some time,
, retool the current phpBB forums
I can't really see why this would hold back the release (or what you mean, to be honest)

I'm not saying anything about the RC release date (for the simple reason that I don't know), but I would like to imageine the Beta stages being fairly short, given the massive ammount of bugfixing that has gone on pre-beta.

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

And why are we discussing this anyway? It's a satirically minded thread, and there is a beta to play with.

Damn.

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Yes, I agree with you Dan,

I don't think anybody needs to be thinking about RC right now, we just got Beta.
Everyone needs a few months to play with it at least before anybody mentions RC again!

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

the_dan wrote:
, retool the current phpBB forums
I can't really see why this would hold back the release (or what you mean, to be honest)
I think he means they need to get phpBB.com updated to 3.0, and the new style.

Personally, I think the website team will handle that.

Oh, and I agree, we should stop mentioning the R word.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

gLiTcH_

Post by gLiTcH_ »

if you can invite 500,000 dedicated beta testers, maybe RC1 will be next week :lol:

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

Cheater512 wrote: Shouldnt be too long IMHO. The beta code is rock solid so it shouldnt need many tweaks.
You might want to check the bug list. When I checked it last night, there were ~45 bugs. When I looked again this morning, there were ~70. :)
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

the_dan wrote: And why are we discussing this anyway? It's a satirically minded thread, and there is a beta to play with.

Damn.
DragonlordP should have locked the topic right after making his first post and included appropriate emoticon(s). Satire and sarcasm don't translate well in written form. Now we'll have another 50-page dippy thread...

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

Highway of Life wrote: Yes, I agree with you Dan,

I don't think anybody needs to be thinking about RC right now, we just got Beta.
Everyone needs a few months to play with it at least before anybody mentions RC again!
Agreed. Which as you and a few others from here know say's alot comming from me.