Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Owatonna
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Owatonna » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:34 pm

I think its coming out on the 23rd they just put in all the missing language fields and pretty much said so on the updated cvs today. :D

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:02 am
Contact:

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Paul » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:37 pm

Owatonna wrote: I think its coming out on the 23rd they just put in all the missing language fields and pretty much said so on the updated cvs today. :D
I think 24 June :)

User avatar
Lastof
Registered User
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:10 pm
Location: Two weeks last wednesday
Contact:

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Lastof » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:39 pm

Read the comments on the commits. It's either a mistake on acyd's part, or he's prepping beta and having fun with us.

Oh, and Acyd, you won't win oscars for your acting. It doesn't sound the way you normally speak (or type).
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"
Image

Owatonna
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Owatonna » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:40 pm

Why the 24th? I don't think hes messing with us either.

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:02 am
Contact:

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Paul » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:41 pm

Lastof wrote: Read the comments on the commits. It's either a mistake on acyd's part, or he's prepping beta and having fun with us.

Oh, and Acyd, you won't win oscars for your acting. It doesn't sound the way you normally speak (or type).
Maybe he want to be a superstar :D

stickman10
Registered User
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:59 pm

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by stickman10 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:46 pm

Here is the commit from the email I recieved:

"hey dev team mates, here are the brand new beta checkins (as promised). Please
ensure this stays in our private cvs until the 23rd June, except the bug fixes."

I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post this, but I'd say June 23rd is when Beta is out.

Owatonna
Registered User
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:41 pm

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Owatonna » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:47 pm

now that I reread that are we suppose to see private cvs checkins?

Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Posts: 367
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:02 am
Contact:

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Paul » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:48 pm

stickman10 wrote: Here is the commit from the email I recieved:

"hey dev team mates, here are the brand new beta checkins (as promised). Please
ensure this stays in our private cvs until the 23rd June, except the bug fixes."

I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to post this, but I'd say June 23rd is when Beta is out.
Do you has ever seen a commit with this style of write from meik? I never. I think he is making us crazy :)

NeoThermic
Registered User
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by NeoThermic » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:50 pm

Owatonna wrote: now that I reread that are we suppose to see private cvs checkins?

No, private checkins should be private. We are looking into how said commits did not stay private.

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

User avatar
Lastof
Registered User
Posts: 518
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:10 pm
Location: Two weeks last wednesday
Contact:

Re: Beta 1 is coming out june 23rd

Post by Lastof » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:53 pm

The existance of a private dev CVS has been denyed prior to now, and I don't think he's sent it to the wrong one.

Conclude what you like.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"
Image

Post Reply