Excellent s/w!!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Khael

Re: Excellent s/w!!

Post by Khael »

dude111 wrote: This is the first phpBB site that actually works on my computer!!

Im on 98se and when i login to a phpBB site,it doesnt work well @ all...Keeps freezing,etc.... If i browse AS A GUEST,its fine.....

I've since found that phpBB is using VERY OLD CODE and that may be why it doesnt work.......
Microsoft has never cared about following any internet standards, not even their upcoming IE7 follows internet standards, so if some sites you are browsing don't work as intented you might consider blaming incompetent microsoft engineers instead of the site code.

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

Well for all of you IE bashers i have been using IE ever sence i have been online now for yrs and guess what? NO PROBLEMS with any site i go to!
Just like everyone on here say's about keep your site/forums updated the same applies to your browser. UPDATE IT! ;)

.Zach

Post by .Zach »

TwistedWeather wrote: Well for all of you IE bashers i have been using IE ever sence i have been online now for yrs and guess what? NO PROBLEMS with any site i go to!
Just like everyone on here say's about keep your site/forums updated the same applies to your browser. UPDATE IT! ;)
Yeah, update it to firefox. :lol:

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

.Zach wrote:
TwistedWeather wrote: Well for all of you IE bashers i have been using IE ever sence i have been online now for yrs and guess what? NO PROBLEMS with any site i go to!
Yeah, update it to IE. :lol:
:P :lol:

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

Hey TwistedWeather,

I don't have Windows, so the closest thing I have to IE is Opera, which is pretty close, but it's not IE.
Can you tell me... can you see through semi-transparant PNG's?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

That is because people have been coding websites to work with IE, not to be standard.
When I code my sites, if it doesn't work right in IE, I just give IE users a nice banner saying their browser does not follow internet standards, and tell them to upgrade it to FF or Opera and see what they web is supposed to look like. :lol:

Back on the 98se thing, the only thing 98se is good at is running on a pc that is not connected to the net with as few patches as possible. Because the only reason you should use it is for older DOS games. :P

If you want a new pc dell has a good deal now. Their low end model with a 15" LCD, a celly 2.53, 512MB of ram, and XP Home is only $350
http://www.dell.com/content/products/fe ... l=en&s=bsd" target="_blank
For what you get it is an extremely awsome deal. 8)

.Zach

Post by .Zach »

Highway of Life wrote: Hey TwistedWeather,

I don't have Windows, so the closest thing I have to IE is Opera, which is pretty close, but it's not IE.
Can you tell me... can you see through semi-transparant PNG's?
If you don't use windows, then what do you use? Mac? :?

Highway of Life
Location: I'd love to change the World, but they won't give me the Source Code

Post by Highway of Life »

I usually use doors ;)

.Zach

Post by .Zach »

EXreaction wrote:
That is because people have been coding websites to work with IE, not to be standard.
When I code my sites, if it doesn't work right in IE, I just give IE users a nice banner saying their browser does not follow internet standards, and tell them to upgrade it to FF or Opera and see what they web is supposed to look like. :lol:

Back on the 98se thing, the only thing 98se is good at is running on a pc that is not connected to the net with as few patches as possible. Because the only reason you should use it is for older DOS games. :P

If you want a new pc dell has a good deal now. Their low end model with a 15" LCD, a celly 2.53, 512MB of ram, and XP Home is only $350
http://www.dell.com/content/products/fe ... l=en&s=bsd" target="_blank
For what you get it is an extremely awsome deal. 8)
lol, dells suck. Intel Celeron processors suck. I'm serious, they are the worst kind of processors, it's almost funny. :lol:

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

.Zach wrote: lol, dells suck. Intel Celeron processors suck. I'm serious, they are the worst kind of processors, it's almost funny. :lol:
I can think of several good reasons to buy a celeron over say another processor.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio