AJAX in Olympus?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
el noobe

AJAX in Olympus?

Post by el noobe »

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to ask if there is/will be any AJAX functions in the upcoming phpBB 3 release? I mean a function like editing posts on the same page as reading them (The message is just brought into a textarea for editing). Or does Olympus just uses PHP? I've seen those functions in other forum software like vBulletin...

Thanks,
el noobe

Sebastian R.

Re: AJAX in Olympus?

Post by Sebastian R. »

I am not sure if Olympus will support this feature, but I already know a mod that gives phpBB2 Ajax.

el noobe

Post by el noobe »

I know this MOD, but I wanted to know, if they will include it in the Olympuys final...
el noobe

rak

Post by rak »

Happily no

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

excuse me but what is AJAX ?

Sebastian R.

Post by Sebastian R. »

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

rak wrote: Happily no
Are you saying you don't like AJAX or you don't want to wait longer for them to add it in? :P lol

personally, some things should not be ajaxed, while others would be much more awesome if they were. ;)

rak

Post by rak »

I knew that my english is bad - but so confusing :x
Finally I am happy if there is no Ajax.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

I think a few small portions of Olympus use AJAX

AJAX is a method of using Javascript, XML, and another scripting language such as PHP or Perl to create dynamic pages that update and reload very quickly and smoothly.

psi29a

Post by psi29a »

The real problem with AJAX is that you have to take special care to make sure your javascript works on all browsers, otherwise you must also spend time gracefully degrading your javascript so that if a browser doesn't work as expected or they have javascript turned off that the site will still function.