Custom profile fields

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
marosell

Re: Custom profile fields

Post by marosell »

there would have to be something for custom fields in the permissions places though. i guess not considering i don't see it in any of the recent snapshots. but it doesn't rule out that it'll be in there

Graham

Post by Graham »

No it won't
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

marosell wrote: will there be a way to restrict forum access to a value set in a custom field? for instance, can the "donuts only!" be restricted to only the users that have "i like donuts" custom field boolean selected?
Not from what I can see in the current CVS. IT would be a nice, but extensive mod. :)

APTX

Post by APTX »

If a "I like donuts" Member group is not enough then you might wait a bit and see if the event system which is planned for a version that is not 3.0 will be able to do this.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!