I think i figured out the beta release date.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Yawnster
Registered User
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:18 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by Yawnster »

Lurttinen wrote: ...and the baby is dug out.
After that comment Martti , I dont think I will ever be visiting Finland.. I am scared I may well be dragged along to a good ol' fashioned baby diggin'.. *shudders*

Yawnster :P
User avatar
Lurttinen
Registered User
Posts: 78
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:57 am
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by Lurttinen »

Yawnster wrote:
Lurttinen wrote: ...and the baby is dug out.
After that comment Martti , I dont think I will ever be visiting Finland.. I am scared I may well be dragged along to a good ol' fashioned baby diggin'.. *shudders*

Yawnster :P
I meant the C-Section... ;)
Surgeons literally dig it out if the momma cant give a reqular birth.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency ... 002911.htm" target="_blank
A C-section delivery is performed when a vaginal birth is not possible or is not safe for the mother or child.

Surgery is usually done while the woman is awake but anesthetized from the chest to the legs by epidural or spinal anesthesia. An incision is made across the abdomen just above the pubic area. The uterus is opened, the amniotic fluid is drained, and the baby is delivered.

The baby's mouth and nose are cleared of fluids, and the umbilical cord is clamped and cut. The baby is handed to the pediatrician or nurse who will make sure that breathing is normal. The mother is awake and she can hear and see her baby.
That explains it. I dont have any pictures, but...
Due to a variety of medical and social factors, C-sections have become fairly common -- about 26% of all births in the United States in 2002 were C-sections.
Talk about crappy software. Anyone can code these days. :lol:

The bottom line. Dont release the Olympus too soon or not too late. It might get ugly. ;)
User avatar
NNO-Stephen
Registered User
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 12:47 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by NNO-Stephen »

TwistedWeather wrote:
asmith3006 wrote: It's near my birthday and it'll make a nice present :)
A VERY crowded thread if your B-Day happens to fall before June 20th as that will make 3 geminies in one thread. 8O :lol:
and add another one to the list, mine is on June 19th :p

though I don't know why you say june seventeenth is the release date. I tend to doubt it with he volume of bugs that still remain (52 as of this posting).
Image
User avatar
EXreaction
Registered User
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:15 am

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by EXreaction »

TwistedWeather wrote: June 17th. ;)

See if anyone can figure out why i say that date?
Its the day my friend is having a graduation party? :P
(its gonna be sweet...I hope atleast 16 people are there that want to play Halo(not Halo 2...H2 sucks compaired to Halo)...because that is what we are doing! :mrgreen: )

Woot for Graduation! 8)
TwistedWeather
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 pm

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by TwistedWeather »

Gotta admit i am suprised nobody has yet to guess the real reason as to why i say that date. Mainly because of how long a few of you have been here.
User avatar
Cheater512
Registered User
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:29 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by Cheater512 »

Odd. My birthday is June 21st (shortest day of the year).

C'mon hurry up and tell us why June 17.
If you have insider information I want to know. ;)
User avatar
NNO-Stephen
Registered User
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri May 23, 2003 12:47 am
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Cheater512 wrote: Odd. My birthday is June 21st (shortest day of the year).

C'mon hurry up and tell us why June 17.
If you have insider information I want to know. ;)
That's the longest day of the year here :D
Image
Aldenhier
Registered User
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2004 9:52 pm

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by Aldenhier »

That's gotta suck you get the shortest birthday party ever because it's the shortest day of the year! xD

Anyways... June 17... that's the day after my band's concert? :P I dunno... maybe it's someone on the dev team's birthday...

:D
ElbertF
Registered User
Posts: 583
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 4:35 pm
Location: tracing..
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by ElbertF »

Aldenhier wrote: That's gotta suck you get the shortest birthday party ever because it's the shortest day of the year! xD
It's still 24 hours :)
User avatar
Cheater512
Registered User
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:29 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Contact:

Re: I think i figured out the beta release date.

Post by Cheater512 »

spambot wrote: It's still 24 hours :)
Since when do we have 24 hours of daylight? :P
Post Reply