Dont expect beta anytime soon

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
TwistedWeather

Dont expect beta anytime soon

Post by TwistedWeather »

Anyone see bug tracker lately? Almost a whole 1st page now of bugs that are ( New [Not reviewed] ). 8O

BondGamer

Re: Dont expect beta anytime soon

Post by BondGamer »

That isn't any indication of when Beta will be. It appears they haven't addressed any of the bug reports for the past 2 days.

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

BondGamer wrote: That isn't any indication of when Beta will be. It appears they haven't addressed any of the bug reports for the past 2 days.
No it isnt any indication. But i believe a few of them ( By the looks of them ) do have to be addressed/fixed before beta can be released which means it will take longer. Plus if they are adding some more features they as well have to go thru the bug stage i imagine.
Either way i dont expect a beta anytime soon.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Longer time before beta should mean a shorter time after it(until the RC and final). 8)

Caedmon

Post by Caedmon »

TwistedWeather wrote: ...Plus if they are adding some more features they as well have to go thru the bug stage i imagine...
Uh.. 3.0 is Feature Frozen. Very very small chance of new features other than what's been advertised being added.

;-)

Unless you're in a position to say, perhaps one should not open their mouth on things they know nothing of :)
Moderator Team Member - No Support Via PM

TwistedWeather

Post by TwistedWeather »

Caedmon wrote:
TwistedWeather wrote: ...Plus if they are adding some more features they as well have to go thru the bug stage i imagine...
Uh.. 3.0 is Feature Frozen. Very very small chance of new features other than what's been advertised being added.

;-)

Unless you're in a position to say, perhaps one should not open their mouth on things they know nothing of :)
I was not trying to imply or suggest they add any more features then ALREADY planned for 3.0 OK?

I was saying that if they have anything LEFT that HASNT ALREADY been added. I am not sure if 3.0 alpha is feature complete YET. For one the new look has not been added as of yet.

You understand now i hope?

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

The "new look" (real olympus theme/template;not this subSilver-ish one) is not going to come out until the Gold/Final release. Only the development and style teams know what it looks like (and anyone else priveleged enough).

Twillingate.info

Post by Twillingate.info »

Aldenhier wrote: The "new look" (real olympus theme/template;not this subSilver-ish one) is not going to come out until the Gold/Final release. Only the development and style teams know what it looks like (and anyone else priveleged enough).
I wonder what that new style is gonna look like! I can't wait :)
Administrator of The Fun Bucket

EWT

Post by EWT »

TwistedWeather wrote: I was not trying to imply or suggest they add any more features then ALREADY planned for 3.0 OK?

I was saying that if they have anything LEFT that HASNT ALREADY been added. I am not sure if 3.0 alpha is feature complete YET. For one the new look has not been added as of yet.

You understand now i hope?
I understood exactly what you meant, which could very well be true, even in light of 3.0 being "feature-frozen"; but you know how those new moderators can be...

LEW21

Post by LEW21 »

I know where is an 4 years old copy of phpBB3 official styleS! http://phpbb.cvs.sourceforge.net/phpbb/ ... ideattic=0" target="_blank - "Default" and "Euclid" (PSO is old version of Euclid)
phpBB3.pl - user-friendly Polish phpBB3 support