Beta Download Mirrors

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
WhiteyDude

Re: Beta Download Mirrors

Post by WhiteyDude »

William R wrote: Here, ive uploaded phpBB Beta1 to my ISP account. Australian mirror (Optus)

[Removed]

Here is another mirror hosted at my domain

[Removed]

Posting up mirrors are illegal unfortunatly. Anyone hosting the mirror could modify the source code with exploitable parts.

And a note: the second link you posted, I can't seem to connect to the domain. I'm on optusnet myself and it was unreachable via a tracert.

/Whitey

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

WhiteyDude wrote: Posting up mirrors are illegal unfortunatly. Anyone hosting the mirror could modify the source code with exploitable parts.
Not illegal... just a bad idea, since end-users wouldn't be able to tell if their download was "clean". Anyway... have added some md5sums to the phpBB.com download page so as to be able to check for corrupted/altered downloads.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

itunes66

Post by itunes66 »

thats a good idea
2 things i like about you hmm.. ill have to get back to you on that one

PJP

Post by PJP »

I just wanted to add that none of the downloads work for me, all of SourceForge's mirrors give me errors.

dhn

Post by dhn »

PJP wrote: I just wanted to add that none of the downloads work for me, all of SourceForge's mirrors give me errors.

Did you try the phpbb.com downloads?

http://www.phpbb.com/development/" target="_blank

Yoda_IRC

Post by Yoda_IRC »

Being the resourceful guy I am, as people seemed to by having trouble I though I would just skip SF and see what files where actually on the mirrors.
Using http://www.mirrorservice.org" target="_blank to access phpBB listings.
it seems that it doesn't have ANY files relating to phpBB3.

Is sourceforge having problems with its mirrors or something?
It says there download system is online on the status page.

I shall continue using CVS because I like living on the edge ;)

but incase anyone was trying to isolate the problem that might help.

abouthere

Post by abouthere »

I haven't a clue what's going on with the mirrors either but like dhn said in his post and I said in my blog that shs referred to earlier in this topic, you don't need to get the file off of the mirrors. If you go to the http://www.phpbb.com/development/" target="_blank page there's links at the bottom to get the files straight off of the PHPBB site!

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

Were there not problems like this with one of the 2.0.x releases?

I'm presuming it's Sourceforge's ineptitude that is causing the problems.

Pharaoh Atem

Post by Pharaoh Atem »

the_dan wrote: Were there not problems like this with one of the 2.0.x releases?

I'm presuming it's Sourceforge's ineptitude that is causing the problems.

Usually what happens is that SF will allow you to download from the primary server that everyone uploads files to until all the mirrors have a copy. OSDN.DL.SF.NET, which is the primary server. However, there can be accessibility problems depending on how long from when the file was uploaded to the announcements, such as files not being set to public access yet... I would offer to help host it, I have 2TB of bw and i used less than 1GB...