GD Library Dropped from Attachments?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
squirrelface

GD Library Dropped from Attachments?

Post by squirrelface »

Sorry, if this has been asked before -- Search doesn't like my two letter searching - 'GD' doesn't sit well with it.

Could anyone tell me if the GD library has been dropped from the attachments area in favour of imagemagik (for thumbnails and the like). After testing the board for a couple of hours I couldn't see GD integration anywhere? Has it been integrated automatically or has it just been discarded in favour of imagemagik.

I like many people have a board with GD installed but no imagemagik. If there is no GD integration installed in this version any chance for the next version to include it?

DavidMJ

Re: GD Library Dropped from Attachments?

Post by DavidMJ »

magik provides better quality. If we detect it, we use it. If we don't, we use GD.
Freedom from fear

squirrelface

Re: GD Library Dropped from Attachments?

Post by squirrelface »

Ahhh, that's good to hear, Cheers.

The thought of trawling through the 1,000s upon 1,000s of line of code to find out wasn't really appealing to me.

Squirrelface.