Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
TwistedWeather

Re: Suspecting beta release very very soon!

Post by TwistedWeather »

SHS` wrote:
Tsikura wrote: Sorry if Im going against your words or rules and stuff but you are the first to complain about the whole color thing. I guess I'm used to it as members on my forums always posts with the same color text 100% of the time.

Now, writing a bunch of senteces with 3-4 + different colors, now THAT is annoying.
The rules are right here, and have been the case for many years: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/rules.php" target="_blank

It's probably the first time we've had to remind users of it, as generally users on here are able to self moderate, and refrain from abusing text formatting BBCode.

If text-formatting serves to make a post clearer and easier to read, then that's fine, if it's a distraction... don't do it.

Anyone trying multiple colour/stupid sized BBCode within a post on here will probably find themselves on the wrong end of a ban (temporary or otherwise) rather quickly.

Thats what the test forum is for too if people wanna do/test that feature if i am correct? ;) :D

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

TwistedWeather wrote: Thats what the test forum is for too if people wanna do/test that feature if i am correct? ;) :D
Abuse of a forum is abuse of a forum, testing or otherwise. Responsible testing would involve tidying up after yourself... though that's a very rare occurrence nowadays.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

SHS` wrote:
TwistedWeather wrote: Thats what the test forum is for too if people wanna do/test that feature if i am correct? ;) :D
Abuse of a forum is abuse of a forum, testing or otherwise. Responsible testing would involve tidying up after yourself... though that's a very rare occurrence nowadays.
I think he meant the test forum...
viewforum.php?f=7

:P

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

EXreaction wrote: I think he meant the test forum...
viewforum.php?f=7

I know exactly what/where he meant... though if someone insisted on being an idiot there(in the testing forum), they'll be on the wrong end of a ban too.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

SHS` wrote:
EXreaction wrote: I think he meant the test forum...
viewforum.php?f=7

I know exactly what/where he meant... though if someone insisted on being an idiot there(in the testing forum), they'll be on the wrong end of a ban too.
Ah I figured that right after I posted...if someone would spam a bunch in my testing forums(if I had one) they would probably get a big warning...then a ban if they don't stop...(although, we are pretty lenient on my board...you would have to do a lot of bad things to get banned from it) :P

We have some awsome(pretty much the best I have seen) admins here as well...and I am very glad to be part of the community. :mrgreen:

robertmf
Location: In PA, 55 min. via commuter RR outside Filthadelphia

Post by robertmf »

Lastof wrote: I personally was finding the colours irritating, but, I don't really think it was my place to say, since if another user started moaning about my posts, I would pay any attention. It needs to be a mod for that sort of things.

Oh, and SHS'
SHS` wrote: To use with digression, not abuse.
digress: To turn aside, especially from the main subject in writing or speaking; stray.
digression: The act of digressing.
discretion: Ability or power to decide responsibly.

;)
He meant "to use with discretion"

Tsikura

Post by Tsikura »

SHS` wrote:
Tsikura wrote: Sorry if Im going against your words or rules and stuff but you are the first to complain about the whole color thing. I guess I'm used to it as members on my forums always posts with the same color text 100% of the time.

Now, writing a bunch of senteces with 3-4 + different colors, now THAT is annoying.
The rules are right here, and have been the case for many years: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/rules.php" target="_blank

It's probably the first time we've had to remind users of it, as generally users on here are able to self moderate, and refrain from abusing text formatting BBCode.

If text-formatting serves to make a post clearer and easier to read, then that's fine, if it's a distraction... don't do it.

Anyone trying multiple colour/stupid sized BBCode within a post on here will probably find themselves on the wrong end of a ban (temporary or otherwise) rather quickly.
Ah cool. I dont visit the phpbb forums much. Couldnt find that link in the area51 site. Not saying it in a bad way but adding that link in the Rules and Regulation sticky on these forums would be nifty. 8)

Well, its sorta there but direct link would help those that barely even read stickies.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Theme editor has just been added...looks pretty cool. 8)

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

robertmf wrote: He meant "to use with discretion"
I believe that was the point I was joking about. Hinted at by the
Lastof wrote: discretion: Ability or power to decide responsibly.
I'm updating my copy to get the theme editor now.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

ErikZ

Post by ErikZ »

I'm updating my copy to get the theme editor now.
Hurm, I just nuked and installed the latest CVS of 2.1. I've been wanting to get a head start on creating a new style for the board, but I'm not sure how. I create a new style called "Test" based off of the subsilver template, but there's no style components for me to work on.

Or am I looking in the wrong place? (Under the Styles tab)

Erik Z