= Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Pharaoh Atem

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo =

Post by Pharaoh Atem »

Well, I registered, but when I tried to log in, it said that I have an invalid password!!! I am using the correct password! I even tried punch typing and still got it wrong according to the board! Is there a way to reset the password?

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

I pmed you with a new password
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Eris

Post by Eris »

Uh... Where did all the fora go? :?

APTX

Post by APTX »

Twillingate.info wrote: Does anyone know if this demo board is using the latest CVS?
I dare say it doesn't as new checkins were made today. I mean yesterday (after midnight already)
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Some jerk deleted the first lot, and now Pharaoh Atem seems to have deleted the rest. I wish I hadn't helped him with his password problem now.

He did create a new one, but, it seems he wasn't bright enough to set any permissions.

I ip banned the last jerk, I think Pharaoh Atem might recieve the same treatment. I'll give his a chance to read this and explain his actions to me.

I've also taken steps to ensure that such events won't repeat themselves. And remember guys, one of the things I've done is remove the ability to delete the logs, you can read them, but not delete them. That means we can always tell who did what, but it doesn't diminish the use as a test board.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

much thanks for setting this up. :)

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Can you set up an automated restore of the DB, so that every half hour or so some default setup is restored? So that these jerks don't get much of a chance? If you don't know how (I think it would at least involve some kind of control over a cron type mechanism, which I for one don't think I have at my host), don't worry, just thought I'd throw it out here.

Eris

Post by Eris »

LastOf - Wow. Super lame. :x Thanks for "fixing".

I added a forum and fixed another so we can post again.

Olympus is so much more awesome than even I thought it was going to be. I can't wait for the release.

shroodoo

Post by shroodoo »

I have added a demo to my page, so that the other one does not get to many members and this would make it hard to test out things in the admin panel. I have set mine up the same so as soon as you register you will have admin permissions.

http://www.shroodoo.co.uk/phpbb3" target="_blank
Shroodoo.co.uk

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Hey!

I want to answer a few questions/comments-

1) The CVS is from just 3 days ago so it's pretty recent
2) I have disabled a few security features including database backup/restore and PHP info
3) People can mess around with it as much as they like, that's the point :roll:

4) As I mentioned in the very first post, you can do whatever, just not stupid stuff like posting swear words and indecent crap all over.