= Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Dog Cow

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo = [RC1]

Post by Dog Cow »

geoffreak wrote:
Dog Cow wrote:This little rat is permanently bannned: 71.170.161.214
Thats my IP! :shock:
Why did you ban me? :o

I was only testing the delete function of the admin log :|
The one on my board doesn't seem to work :cry:
Then did you see who made all the changes to screw everything up before you cleared it? Someone really messed up the board intentionally and you were the last name in the admin list. Since it was cleared it was very suspicious.
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Black Antitoon wrote:I can't register:
The e-mail address you entered is not allowed to be used.
That's fixed. Again, the handy work of someone who banned every single email. :cry: It looks like he also banned every current user, so I've cleared that out too. What an idiot. :roll:
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

Dog Cow wrote:Then did you see who made all the changes to screw everything up before you cleared it? Someone really messed up the board intentionally and you were the last name in the admin list. Since it was cleared it was very suspicious.
I should have written him/her down because I think (s)he screwed up the cookies too because I cannot get to the site anymore :(
* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
cookies.
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

geoffreak wrote:.
I should have written him/her down because I think (s)he screwed up the cookies too because I cannot get to the site anymore :(
Actually, I'm responsible for that. I saw your IP as the last one in the admin log, so I banned you. :?
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

Here is my recommendation:
Go though the code and comment out any

Code: Select all

$db->sql_query($sql) 
necessary so that users can use the ACP, without actually modifying any data ;)
VinDuv

Post by VinDuv »

geoffreak wrote:Here is my recommendation:
Go though the code and comment out any

Code: Select all

$db->sql_query($sql) 
necessary so that users can use the ACP, without actually modifying any data ;)
No, some SQL queries are required to read data necessary data, not write...
Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

No, thanks. :|

I've gotten rid of a few dangerous features like DB backup and restore, PHP info, ckearing the admin logs.

The whole purpose of a live admin panel demo is that people can go around and change settings and try out the new features. :D
bad-dj

Post by bad-dj »

I do not know why you would need a demo when you can have the real thing on your own site.
DPK

Post by DPK »

bad-dj wrote:I do not know why you would need a demo when you can have the real thing on your own site.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/demo
dem·o (děm'ō)
n. pl. dem·os Informal
1. A demonstration, as of a product or service.
Not everyone has the capability to run phpBB2 and phpBB3 on the same server to try it out. Some people like to try things out before going through the trouble of downloading and installing something. It saves alot of time. Technically area51 is one BIG demo of phpBB. Maybe we should just get rid of that too.
Rotsblok

Post by Rotsblok »

Just a nice quote of area51 "front page"
Have made bold the meaning of this site
Welcome to area51, home to development of phpBB Group products. Here you will find notes on development, transcripts of recent developer meetings, guides on coding styles and APIs, etc.

You will also find developmental versions of phpBB Olympus and related products enabling you to track progress on the next major version of the software. Daily snapshots of both phpBB 2.0.x and phpBB 2.1.x CVS are available for download if you want or need to obtain bleeding edge versions of the software.

Remember, this is the home to development of phpBB. If you want the latest stable release of the software, need support, etc. please visit the main site at http://www.phpbb.com. Please do not post support questions on the boards here!

Enjoy! phpBB Group
So matter of speaking its not really a demo site :P
Its a place where the dev team can see all their work online. But most ppl can use it as a demo site although you cannot see and try everything out.
ø = 1.618033988749895...
Everything has ø in it