= Live Admin Panel Demo = [3.0.4]

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Lastof

Re: = Live Admin Panel Demo =

Post by Lastof »

I find it quite intresting that the global announcement I posted didn't get deleted even when all the forums, and their posts, were deleted. I guess that's due to it's global announcement status, and the fact that it's present everywhere.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

SHS`

Post by SHS` »

Lastof wrote: I find it quite intresting that the global announcement I posted didn't get deleted even when all the forums, and their posts, were deleted. I guess that's due to it's global announcement status, and the fact that it's present everywhere.
You know where the bug tracker is. ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信
phpBB™ 3.1.x, Bug/Security trackers
phpBB™ Bertie Bear 3.0 — prosilver Edition!Asking Questions The Smart Way

Pixelation

Post by Pixelation »

The new administrator control panel looks mad. I like the way it's organised and the style is good as well. Having the tabs at the top keeps this organisation and just works out well.

Can't wait to see the BETA version release. Most of the bugs will be fixed up and everything will work to it's best. Great work once again. ;)
Pixelation :: The Freezing & Studio Blueprint Owner :: Visit Us :: Contact

Leo the leopard

In need of hosting for your website, forum or even your blog? Visit The Freezing and be a part of one of the newest hosting websites around owned by yours truly!

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

SHS` wrote:
Lastof wrote: I find it quite intresting that the global announcement I posted didn't get deleted even when all the forums, and their posts, were deleted. I guess that's due to it's global announcement status, and the fact that it's present everywhere.
You know where the bug tracker is. ;)
I don't know, I quite like it. But, I suppose I should put it there, since it is probabaly technically a bug. [Heads off to the bug tracker]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

Is it a bug?

The point of a global announcement is that its not locked to one forum. Its shown in all of them.

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

The question is should it remain even if all forums are deleted? And then, when new forums are created, continue to appear in them.

I think it's the dev team's decision on this one.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Lastof wrote: The question is should it remain even if all forums are deleted? And then, when new forums are created, continue to appear in them.

It will probably be deleted. Remember: the global topic has to originate from a forum and it appears everywhere. If the originating forum is deleted, the global announce goes with it.

Dog Cow

Stats

Post by Dog Cow »

Thought people might like to know just how popular the admin demo has been, so did I!

Unique visitors - 471
Number of visits - 544
Pages 12,436
Hits - 38,970
Bandwidth - 142.53 MB
Members -136

This is from 13 Apr to 18 Apr

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

Dog Cow wrote:
Lastof wrote: The question is should it remain even if all forums are deleted? And then, when new forums are created, continue to appear in them.

It will probably be deleted. Remember: the global topic has to originate from a forum and it appears everywhere. If the originating forum is deleted, the global announce goes with it.
The thing is, despite ALL the forums on the board you kindly put up being deleted twice, it still exists, hence it seems it's not following the logical behaviour.

Dog Cow

Post by Dog Cow »

Maybe I should upload a newer CVS.