[Merged] 17th of April ? / So... where's the Beta?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Post Reply
TwistedWeather
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by TwistedWeather »

Soontir Fel wrote:
phpBB.com wrote: In the event phpBB3 Beta1 shows up before the 15th of May, the shipment/price change date will be moved ahead.
16 May, still no beta...

That means IF it shows up.
Soontir Fel
Registered User
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:10 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by Soontir Fel »

So no chance to see beta in the next 3-4 days?
whitenexx
Registered User
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:31 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by whitenexx »

I don´t think so.
Image
Image
TwistedWeather
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by TwistedWeather »

Soontir Fel wrote: So no chance to see beta in the next 3-4 days?
Hard to say. Going by the bug tracker alone i doubt it. Plus i havent seen the Acid Burns guy who seems to be taken most of the bugs lately. One reason i wish the bugs were more evenly distributed IF possible.
Last edited by TwistedWeather on Tue May 16, 2006 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d4rkst4r
Registered User
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 1:47 am

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by d4rkst4r »

we have to pay money?> how much?
TwistedWeather
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by TwistedWeather »

d4rkst4r wrote: we have to pay money?> how much?
NO. phpbb has always been and will always be free.
User avatar
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Registered User
Posts: 1780
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:23 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

TwistedWeather: Usually people fix the bugs in the parts they coded. Acyd has coded more than anyone else, so he fixes more bugs.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
TwistedWeather
Registered User
Posts: 169
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 pm

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by TwistedWeather »

A_Jelly_Doughnut wrote: TwistedWeather: Usually people fix the bugs in the parts they coded. Acyd has coded more than anyone else, so he fixes more bugs.
I figured as well. Just stinks because i know this doesnt help with getting this out into beta. Thats a heavy load to take on.
User avatar
mansuetus
Registered User
Posts: 130
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:02 pm
Location: Paris, France
Contact:

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by mansuetus »

TwistedWeather wrote:
Soontir Fel wrote: So no chance to see beta in the next 3-4 days?
Hard to say. Going by the bug tracker alone i doubt it. Plus i havent seen the Acid Burns guy who seems to be taken most of the bugs lately. One reason i wish the bugs were more evenly distributed IF possible.
I don't really understand why people are so MAD about getting the beta as soon as possible. Of course, I will do so, but only as "phpbb fanclub proud member", with aim to discover bugs with a live environment. (and also because I need to merge identification between my actual website and my actual forum, and I wait for new phpbb to do so :) )

What I mean is beta will still not be supported, will still not be encouraged in a live environment, well, I would not wait for beta but for release whose date is NOT correlated in any way with the beta (except by beta will come out at least a few hours before RCs, which will also at least be released a few seconds before phpbb 3.0.0 Olympus)
Petite publicité pour mon site : on présente des horoscopes qui tuent, on propose des tests,
et si tu cherches bien, tu verras même un phpBB :-)
viens sur spontex.org !
User avatar
Eelke
Registered User
Posts: 606
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2001 8:00 am
Location: Bussum, NL
Contact:

Re: So... Where is beta?

Post by Eelke »

Well, as you say, it's just the next step, isn't it? The final release is the ultimate goal, but we'd all be very much surprised if the final release would come out now, without going through beta and RC stages. In other words, if this thread would be entitled "So... Where is final release?" it would make a whole lot less sense :) So, the final release absolutely is correlated to the beta release, because it is highly unlikely the final release will be released before beta :)

After the beta, people will eagerly await the first RC, then hope for every next RC it will become the final release, etc.
Post Reply