When will phpbb3 mods be released?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: When will phpbb3 mods be released?

Post by EXreaction »

I will start modding when it goes 'gold'(I don't like the way that sounds...)

It is possible to start modding already...but anything you may have done could easily be messed up by bug fixes later on...so I would rather just wait.

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

Yawnster wrote: Personally I have a few mods in the works that are 3.x only and will be unleashed once there is an appropriate place for them, which i suppose will be at the Teams disgression..

Yawnster
mind telling us what mods you have cooked up? :D

DarkD45

Post by DarkD45 »

i would have to say that it all depends on the person whos modding. wether they want to risk making the mod while its not totally done and not having it work later (i doubt bug fixes will mess up a mod that much, unless its a huge mod) and i have started on my own mod too... hopefully no huge code changes :D

Xore

Post by Xore »

yexusbeliever wrote:
yautja_cetanu wrote: (I'm guessing large mods such as the profile contorl panel will take a while before they are ported to phpbb3?)
Some large mods may never be inquired to be ported such like profile control panel, subforums, super moderator, custom profile fields, and etc because Olympus already has them in stock.
/me suddenly gets that itch between his shoulders like thousands of forum users watching him... watching... watching...

yexusbeliever

Post by yexusbeliever »

Xore, I will be eager to see your Cash Mod being ported!
hmm....

NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

I'd be interested in seeing if we can get a location to request mods... give the mod devs some idea as to what people are interested in...