Download 'Olympus' Demo ?!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EnjoyNIRVANA

Download 'Olympus' Demo ?!

Post by EnjoyNIRVANA »

Hello,

first off all: AWESOME!

You guys REALLY done a great job with this! So, my point:

When you log in with wrong username and/or password, you´ll be forwarded to a new site, where it says bad log in or something! i´ve seen it´s changed with 'Olympus', so, the notification is displayed above the login fields....

i was wondering whether someone how has it could send me the new login.php or could do a little mod for it ?!

Thank you very much,
~andrew

EDIT:
oh yeah, what´s the font called, you guys are using in 'Olympus'? i like it....

pentapenguin

Re: Download 'Olympus' Demo ?!

Post by pentapenguin »

1st question: I don't understand what you are saying.

2nd question: The font is called Triplex and it's a commercial (i.e. pay for) font.
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

Basically, you want someone to send you login.php?

Why not just download the CVS (go get WinCVS and press Ctrl+L and use the command line: cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb login. And then the checkout command line after that). There's a link in some other thread around here to a daily .tar.gz download. Lemme find it and I'll post it for you. The file should be in there!

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

Ok here's a link. http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/snapshots/p ... -24.tar.gz" target="_blank That's latest as of 03/24/06.

There may be a later one depending on when you view this post. Just go to the bottom of http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/snapshots/" target="_blank and look for the bottom one that has two red arrows facing inward on a white paper icon.

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

pentapenguin wrote: 1st question: I don't understand what you are saying.

2nd question: The font is called Triplex and it's a commercial (i.e. pay for) font.
Do we know if the new and as yet unseen style will still use Triplex?

Reason I ask is I just purchased it and would hope it was not a waste for v3.

dhn

Post by dhn »

poyntesm wrote: Do we know if the new and as yet unseen style will still use Triplex?
No, it won't use Triplex. Even this subsilver2 style, which will also be in phpBB3, does only use Triplex for the logo.
poyntesm wrote: Reason I ask is I just purchased it and would hope it was not a waste for v3.
It's a good font, just create a new style around it. :)

poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Can you tell us what the current font for subSilver on area51 uses?

As a small note - I personally think it would be a good idea to use the same Triplex font on the subSilver style and then use whatever font you want on the new style.

My thinking behind that is it means buttons MOD authors produce for subSilver on phpBB2 will fit in on v3 once the MOD is converted. Otherwise I need to do two lots of buttons..and while granted not a big issue in the overall scheme of things I just believe it would help consistancy.

dhn

Post by dhn »

If I recall correctly, the current buttons are simply Arial. The only object using Triplex is the logo. The new style will also use freely available fonts for the buttons to make internationalisation quick, cheap, and easy.

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

dhn wrote: If I recall correctly, the current buttons are simply Arial. The only object using Triplex is the logo. The new style will also use freely available fonts for the buttons to make internationalisation quick, cheap, and easy.
SHOW US THE STYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please for the love of god I can't wait any longer!!!!!! :mrgreen:

Oh god I'm pathetic. :roll:

Aldenhier

Post by Aldenhier »

You have to wait for the full "gold" release. BETA and RC releases will probably still be using this current style.

Who all has gotten to see the style (dev team, I know, but any other people?). I too can't wait for it! It's supposed to be good! :D