CVS Checkout issue?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
bpat1434

CVS Checkout issue?

Post by bpat1434 »

I've been tryin to get a cvs checkout of the pre-beta phpBB3 for testing. I'm using WinCVS. So I got a checkout successfully, and got all the files. So that works fine for me. The problem comes when I go to install. I keep getting these language errors. I thought it was a bug, so I reported it. Graham replied and said that it's an old install, and to update. Aight, so I did another checkout, and tried updating the entire package, as well as just the language/en and install/ directories. Uploaded the "new" files, same errors. Hard refreshed, still same errors.

So, here's the question: What am I doing wrong? Here's my CVS information:
Module Name and path on server: phpBB2
Local Folder to checkout to: F:\CVS_Checkouts
CVSROOT: :pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/phpbb

Any help woudl be appreciated.

I've tried TortoiseCVS and WinCVS... both give same result(s).
Last edited by bpat1434 on Tue Mar 21, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pentapenguin

Re: CVS Checkout issue?

Post by pentapenguin »

IIRC, the SourceForge anonymous CVS servers are several hours behind when updates are committed. Maybe try again later?
phpBB.com Support Team Member and Incident Investigation Team Member
My phpBB MODs || Professional phpBB Customization, Transfers, and Conversions

bpat1434

Post by bpat1434 »

Well, that sucks....

What if I have an SF account... can I use that login, or do I have to be a part of the project?

The only reason I think that there's something wrong with the my setup is because I get the updated (and not fixed) common.php language error (line 304 not having a ","). So it seems it's grabbing the most recent, and yet I still get the same damn errors....

bpat1434

Post by bpat1434 »

Well, the install moved forward without it... so I guess it's okay....