omgzzz!!1

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Slim Vision

Re: omgzzz!!1

Post by Slim Vision »

What's with the big black cencored splodge over your other tabs? You been lookin at nekid pics?
Slim Vision

statm1

Post by statm1 »

Im guessing one of his tabs have to do with polar bears..lol Since he was search for them.. 8O

DarsVaeda

Post by DarsVaeda »

i bet those are tabs to vbulletin or burning board forum or so... :twisted:
"They say time is the fire in which we burn."

TerraPedia.org

Lastof

Post by Lastof »

it wasn't just a search for polar bears, it was for something WITH polar bears. ewwww. no wonder he doesn't want us to know what he was looking at.

Oh, and I am abit worried about the completion of Olympus, since a mountain the size of olympus mons couldn't exist on earth, since it would colapse under it's own weight, our olympus might do the same thing, collapse under the weight of all the code.
Last edited by Lastof on 04 May 2008, 00:00, edited -1 times in total
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Look, I'm officially not a bug!!
SHS`: "Oooh Bertie, spank me with that casing stick, spank me spank me spaaaaannnnk mee!"

Nuttyguy

Post by Nuttyguy »

does anybody else see a giant breast?

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Nuttyguy wrote: does anybody else see a giant breast?
I bet a few dermatologists on this board see a giant popped zit...

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

rivaldo wrote: I bet a few dermatologists on this board see a giant popped zit...
There are dermatologists on this board?

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

rivaldo wrote:
rivaldo wrote: I bet a few dermatologists on this board see a giant popped zit...
There are dermatologists on this board?
Well, if there aren't any dermatologists, there should be at least a proctologist here...
:P ;) 8O

bpat1434

Post by bpat1434 »

The size of Olympus Mons is so great (roughly the size of the American state of Missouri) that a person standing on the surface of Mars would be unable to view the profile of the volcano even from a distance as the curvature of the planet would obscure such detail.
I don't understand how that describes the vastness of the mons. It just seems to say to me that Mars is huge and round, and you wouldn't be able to see it, thus insinuating that the mons is rather small.

Or is it saying that the volcano would look as if it went into the horizon and thus you couldn't see the edge? Kinda like what the line after it says about standing on it....
Well, if there aren't any dermatologists, there should be at least a proctologist here...
Now . . . that . . . is . . . just . . . wrong

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

Mars' radius is 0.533 that of the earth, so it has twice the curvature.

So even if you had perfect vision, the mons would appear to literally touch the sky right up to the point where you would no-longer be able to see it because of the curvature of mars, which would be quite a significant distance away.

The reason the curvature comes into play is the horizon phenomenom(is it a phenomenom?). Even if the surface of the earth was gasless and perfectly spherical, you wouldn't be able to see along the land forever, you eventually get a horizon as the earth curves out of your vision. The higher up you get the further you can see because you are starting to look over the horizon as you will.

So mons would have to be viewed from so far away to view it, that the horizon, thus curvature of mars creates a land mass in between you and the mons blocking it from view.

A huge distance meaning the mons must be huge if it disappears from sight due to the curvature than it would if mars was flat (i.e. moving back from the mons in a tangential fashion).

I would draw a picture, but I'm lazy

Bad ascii art, lets say the zeros are the mons

Code: Select all

________
  /        \00000
 /          \000
|            |
 \          /
  \________/
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio