Being tired of waiting and waiting

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
grrrlromeo

Re: Being tired of waiting and waiting

Post by grrrlromeo »

You don't actually gain anything by waiting for an upgrade on a piece of software. It's not like you get a medal for it.

If you don't want to wait for features then just use something else that has those features. It doesn't make a difference to anyone.

You can make changes to other board software if you want...you can make your mods available to other people. The only difference is they're not free and you can't use the code in something else or repackage it.

uranusalien

Post by uranusalien »

VB and IPB for example, have bigger teams working on it. especially if it is a whole new version.
Actually, IPB is coded only by one person, it's just his full-time job.

MoRpHiNe

Post by MoRpHiNe »

Why complain that your tired of waiting? Do you want quality? :?:
My Links: Webmaster-Support | Mutant-Designs | My Blog
Maximum Host - Free phpBB Hosting + More!

hmueller

Post by hmueller »

...a status-update about the progress and the work of the community coding project would be fine.
Best regards,

Hans

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

I really don't want to speculate, but by the things that were just commited (like part of the installer, privacy policy) it seems like the developers are getting very close.

didijeeeke

Post by didijeeeke »

uranusalien wrote:
VB and IPB for example, have bigger teams working on it. especially if it is a whole new version.
Actually, IPB is coded only by one person, it's just his full-time job.
where did you read that look at there site this is the ipb team. http://www.invisionpower.com/ip.dynamic ... index.html

The difrence is the ipb-developers get paid for there work the phpbb developrs do this as there hobby so don't epect them to work like it's there job

uranusalien

Post by uranusalien »

Yeah..I know the difference between IPB and phpBB's business models.

If you look at that page, it actually lists all developers in the company. Matt is the only one working on IPB. The rest work on other products.

ibmsystems

Post by ibmsystems »

uranusalien wrote: Yeah..I know the difference between IPB and phpBB's business models.

If you look at that page, it actually lists all developers in the company. Matt is the only one working on IPB. The rest work on other products.

Matt? IPB? Big No No :D

I agree with everyone else you should stop whining beacuse patence = payoff (I made that up :lol: )

R45

Post by R45 »

If you've been waiting since the 2.0 release in 2002 which many of us are, you'd know that the development team went through atleast three significant shakeups over the last 4 years. If you track the code changes, the frequency of commits and the maturity of the code, you'd know that right now and for the last few months, the development process has been completely different than the most part of the last 4 years. Now would be about the most inappropriate time to complain about waiting with the activity happening in CVS and recent announcements.

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Ya, quit complaining...the beta could be here in a few weeks! :D