Is this the new future phpbb?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
OTmaster

Re: Is this the new future phpbb?

Post by OTmaster »

Also a lot of people left the PhpBB project in those years, not many new people have been added so that also prolonged the project.

ChaosBringer

Post by ChaosBringer »

something that i have seen in every other board that i have not yet seen mentioned in phpBB 3.0 aka olympus is ajax. I did use the search button before making this post so i dont need noobs flaming me about it. vB, SMF, IPB, and even phpBB 2.0.x(with matt's mod) all have Ajax support which is a really cool thing. however i still have not heard it mentioned in any phpBBs 3.0 discussion. Do the devs plan on addin ajax support later on? will the Ajax mod be updated to work on 3.0? I do like phpBB a lot, dont get me wrong, but i think that what once made it really cool is outdated unless the thing that makes it thrive comes through again, its users.

darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

mm I did not know I get all these answers!
will I be able to update to this when it is released?
and for God's sake when is it going to be released?
I have been coming in and going out for the last 2 years :?

eqbeastlord

Post by eqbeastlord »

stubbers wrote: <SARCASM NOT FLAMING>
ME - Stares at search button...
'Do you think people will ever notice it, it looks so lonely up there near the FAQ, Members, and User Control Panel Buttons. Maybe it should fill the page and be highlighted red... Flashing red... With fluro green spots...'

ME - Also tries to count how many almost identical topics i've seen, with identical responses from almost identical users... Wow... It's really quite impressive, it's like we are caught in some form of vortex... Hmmm...
</SARCASM NOT FLAMING>
I think it should be changed from "search" to "Ask a Question" or "Got a question?" then people would click it and put their question in, and it would search... all the while they think they are asking a question, which they are :)

Not only that, but make it a button, right next to POST & NEW REPLY