Where can I find simple help for PhpBB users? Sorry.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
JimboAFI

Where can I find simple help for PhpBB users? Sorry.

Post by JimboAFI »

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. Looking for help for using PhpBB on the user (forum member) end of things. It's not covered well enough in any of the help sections I have read as it is a very special and unique question. Tried search. Turned up either to many results or not enough.

I'm looking for help on formatting fixed width text properly. Tried using the code tag. It still came out funny. Here is an example. Does that looks right to anyone else? It looks "off" to me. What is a good way to great charts in PhPBB posts and preserve fixed width text? Before the post and preview it looks ok. When I finally do post it looks all messed up.

Code: Select all

Text	       Text Text       +Blahblahblah

Text 10        3.5		 100

Text 9		1.9 		 100

Text 8		2.8              100

Text 7		X.X 		 100

Text 6		x.x		 100

Text 5		1.1 		 100

Text 4		x.1 		(x.0/3x) = 9x
romans1423

Re: Where can I find simple help for PhpBB users? Sorry.

Post by romans1423 »

There are BBCode extending modifications available, including one which adds a PRE tag for displaying preformatted text properly. I'm not sure if phpbbhacks.com has it, but it is available via phpbb.com when that site is back up and running.
JimboAFI

Post by JimboAFI »

Cool. So it allows the use of <pre></pre> tags like HTML does? Do the pre tags not work in PhPBB now even if HTML is on?

Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye out and bring it the forum admin. Do you know what this mod is called?
romans1423

Post by romans1423 »

My guess is Pre BBCode or something similar, and it creates [pre]text here[/pre] tags, very similar to the HTML equivalent.

I'm not sure if the PRE HTML tags work with HTML on; I've never tempted fate by turning it on to test it.
JimboAFI

Post by JimboAFI »

I just tried using <pre.> tags on my forums. It works but the problem is that it works about as well as the [code.] does. Hopefully this mod you speaks of enchances it a bit.
dhn

Post by dhn »

Tell your text editor to convert tabs into spaces, then it should work with code:

Code: Select all

Text        Text 	Text

Text 10     3.5     100

Text 9      1.9     100

Text 8      2.8     100

Text 7      X.X     100

Text 6      x.x     100

Text 5      1.1     100

Text 4      x.1     (x.0/3x) = 9x