phpbb 3

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
spencerp

Re: phpbb 3

Post by spencerp »

EXreaction wrote: Ya, download and install WinCVS, then go to the menu bar and go to admin then command line then dopy and paste this(in the big text box):
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb login
then hit ok...
(when it asks for a password just hit ok...there isn't one)then after it does what it needs to do and says "CVS exited normally with code 0" on the bottom...then go to the admin then command line page again and type in:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/phpbb -z5 co phpBB2
hit ok...
then it should say it is downloading stuff in the bottom window...

Go to the folder where it downloaded to(if you look in the left on WinCVS, that is the main directory it went in) and everything is in the phpbb2 folder...
Thanks for that detailed explanation EXreaction. :D Just grabbed me a copy of it now. Probably will try this out then soon, just kinda busy at the moment in the WordPress forums..

spencerp

NetRolller 3D

Post by NetRolller 3D »

Aren't these links for phpBB2.1? Where are the CVS links for 3.0?

dukespirit.org.uk

Post by dukespirit.org.uk »

Will you be able to upload some files with phpBB3?

Zdvig

Post by Zdvig »

NetRolller 3D wrote: Aren't these links for phpBB2.1? Where are the CVS links for 3.0?
2.1 = 3.0
SEE THiS FORUM!!
Sorry for my bad English....
I love phpBB :)

OTmaster

Post by OTmaster »

the phpbb.com site is down i wish to do some testing for bolt.com with flash and phpbb where can i get it now?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

spencerp wrote:
EXreaction wrote: Ya, download and install WinCVS, then go to the menu bar and go to admin then command line then dopy and paste this(in the big text box):
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/phpbb login
then hit ok...
(when it asks for a password just hit ok...there isn't one)then after it does what it needs to do and says "CVS exited normally with code 0" on the bottom...then go to the admin then command line page again and type in:
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sf.net:/cvsroot/phpbb -z5 co phpBB2
hit ok...
then it should say it is downloading stuff in the bottom window...

Go to the folder where it downloaded to(if you look in the left on WinCVS, that is the main directory it went in) and everything is in the phpbb2 folder...
Thanks for that detailed explanation EXreaction. :D Just grabbed me a copy of it now. Probably will try this out then soon, just kinda busy at the moment in the WordPress forums..

spencerp
Ya, no problem...it took me a long time to figure it out the first time as well...

nimd4

Post by nimd4 »

Zdvig wrote: CVS
Cool, CVS. Not. Is there like no dumber way to connect then cVS, installing winCVs, cvsnt, python .. these are the rare times I say thank God for winblows .. & those nice folk @ http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/" target="_blank

dukespirit.org.uk

dukespirit.org.uk wrote: Will you be able to upload some files with phpBB3?
I would like to see this feature added, it'd be handy

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

nimd4: what you get from CVS is alpha code, not making it available through a more user friendly way is a delibarate choice (and a time saving one as well, packaging up distributions takes valuable time away from the developers that could be bug squashing instead). Once the software hits beta, it will be suitable for a wider audience to download it, and you can expect .zips to be downloaded through HTTP or whatever.

dukespirit: check out http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/features.html" target="_blank
Attachments is one of the major new features for phpBB 3.

dukespirit.org.uk

Eelke wrote: dukespirit: check out http://area51.phpbb.com/docs/features.html" target="_blank
Attachments is one of the major new features for phpBB 3.
EXCELLENT! Thank you!! Awesome new features, any estimates on when it'll be ready?