Migrating from 2.X to Olympus

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: Migrating from 2.X to Olympus

Post by EXreaction »

I wouldn't start cleaning up your system just yet...wait until there is a updater for it...which probably won't be out until the final install...even if they finish the upgrader by the time the beta is out, I doubt they would include it...why would they want a bunch of people converting their phpbb2 board over to a beta...especially since most of the people that use phpbb are noobs with HTML, PHP, and MYSQL...we would just get a thousand questions/complaints a day because people are having problems with a beta. ;)

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

AFAIK, the phpBB2 -> phpBB3 converter is already done and is working.
Also, the dev team said, IIRC, that the converter will be release with later Olympus betas or the first Release Candidate.

kulinar

Post by kulinar »

jojobarjo32 wrote: AFAIK, the phpBB2 -> phpBB3 converter is already done and is working.
...and can be downloaded from...?

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

jojobarjo32 wrote: AFAIK, the phpBB2 -> phpBB3 converter is already done and is working.
Also, the dev team said, IIRC, that the converter will be release with later Olympus betas or the first Release Candidate.
It would be sweet if they could release it now...I would really love to have that...but it would give them a support nightmare as a bunch of people act like phpbb3 is finished and start upgrading. :(

jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

kulinar wrote:
...and can be downloaded from...?
It cannot be downloaded. As I stated in my previous post, the dev team will only release it once the first RC will be available (or maybe the last beta...).

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

Aw.

I want to try a test conversion. Nothing on my site is at risk so no support or bug
reporting will be posted here.
Like Macs or just want to see Olympus Live? ;)
www.macgig.com

Cheater512

Post by Cheater512 »

Having it would be nice. :(

MacForum

Post by MacForum »

Yeah it would. :(

[beg="phpBB Staff"]Please, Please let us have the converter!!![/beg]
Like Macs or just want to see Olympus Live? ;)
www.macgig.com

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

Why do you want a convertor to a schema that has been openly stated will have no upgrade path (has to be done manually by inspection)?

Just wait and you will be rewarded.
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

Eelke

Post by Eelke »

Davidls wrote: Why do you want a convertor to a schema that has been openly stated will have no upgrade path (has to be done manually by inspection)?
To convert data from a live board to have a starting point for testing (see other thread about upgrading).