Anyone using Olympus live?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
EXreaction

Re: Anyone using Olympus live?

Post by EXreaction »

p3980 wrote: It's been there for months.

As for my coding experience, I've coded my own Custom CMS, complete with forum system if that helps you determine at all :D
Nice...I am hoping to learn some more php(I have got some books here that are supposed to teach me)...but I don't think it will be something I use a lot...I am more into coding C++...which is quite like php if you haven't tried it...but the hard part is learning all these new commands...and jumping into something like phpbb when you don't have any idea where it is getting some of this stuff from...but it would be nice to learn(back to my books! :D)

p3980

Post by p3980 »

EXreaction wrote:
p3980 wrote: It's been there for months.

As for my coding experience, I've coded my own Custom CMS, complete with forum system if that helps you determine at all :D
Nice...I am hoping to learn some more php(I have got some books here that are supposed to teach me)...but I don't think it will be something I use a lot...I am more into coding C++...which is quite like php if you haven't tried it...but the hard part is learning all these new commands...and jumping into something like phpbb when you don't have any idea where it is getting some of this stuff from...but it would be nice to learn(back to my books! :D)
Yea, I also know alot of C++, I'm learning interfaces ATM...

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

p3980 wrote:
Yea, I also know alot of C++, I'm learning interfaces ATM...
Cool :D

I am not very far with it...I am just taking the C++ class at my high school...its fun, but boring...I wish that the class would move a little faster a lot of the time...and atleast not have to keep using the console on all our programs...

Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

Please remember this:

phpBB 2.0.x has been exploited numerous times, and it is a final product (Minus bug fixes). Think of how many exploits, and serious ones too, could be done on a dev of this?

(NOTE: This is not an attack on phpBB. The same applies to Windows, Firefox, etc.)

EXreaction

Post by EXreaction »

Kazer0 wrote: Please remember this:

phpBB 2.0.x has been exploited numerous times, and it is a final product (Minus bug fixes). Think of how many exploits, and serious ones too, could be done on a dev of this?

(NOTE: This is not an attack on phpBB. The same applies to Windows, Firefox, etc.)
Ya, it would be easy to make an exploit on the dev version(compaired to the older one) but still, who would make one? Is it really woth their time if mabey 20 people use it?

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Kazer0 wrote: Please remember this:

From what I recall, there was already one major security hole found in Olympus. However, a lot of work has gone into making it the most secure version of phpBB to date. Of course, there could still be sections of code that are unfinished and vulnerable, but it should be fairly safe.

SHOwned

Post by SHOwned »

Live? Depends on what you mean by live. It is active and up on my server right now as I type this post. It is not being used for any serious purposes though. It would most likely be a pain in the ass upgrading it to future versions and eventually the final release IMO. But hey, if it doesn't matter weather or not you completely hose all the content when it comes time to change versions, hell...why not? It seems pretty bug free, well...not really, but the basic functions and many more work just fine. :)