Yay! Permissions!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
cooleo100d
Registered User
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:17 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by cooleo100d »

MKruer wrote: Anyone willing to bet the first beta will be released April 1st? :mrgreen:
It's certainly possible. Wouldn't that be great???

rivaldo
Registered User
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:05 am
Contact:

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by rivaldo »

cooleo100d wrote:
MKruer wrote: Anyone willing to bet the first beta will be released April 1st? :mrgreen:
It's certainly possible. Wouldn't that be great???
It's also possible that I will be elected Pope. Possible, yes. Probable, no. Just sit tight.

Now, some folks had been betting on April 1st before. But, umm... that was... hmm... last year!

Martin Blank
Registered User
Posts: 687
Joined: Sun May 11, 2003 11:17 am

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by Martin Blank »

the_dan wrote: It does seem a little too convoluted however - For example is there really any need to be able to set permissions on a by user basis? Would it not be simpler to create a new usergroup, rather than having the two options?
Generally, yes. However, there are definite instances where I would love to be able to allow a user access to a single, private forum for airing of issues before the staff, as it becomes easier than e-mail or PM, and there is a better record of it. It's also handy for blocking a user's access to a given forum individually if they become enough of a pest.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

aspoous
Registered User
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 9:24 am
Contact:

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by aspoous »

Is there / will there be a way to let the permissions from a forum/category propagate to the subforums upon creation? Maybe it is in allready, but then I overlooked. (next to the presets I mean)

It is great that so many things can be set through permissions now.

User avatar
b3rx
Registered User
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 5:11 am
Location: Cebu City, Ph
Contact:

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by b3rx »

MKruer wrote: Anyone willing to bet the first beta will be released April 1st? :mrgreen:
another april fools would be nice... they did that last year if i remember correctly.
b3rx.com

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."

Image Image Image

warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by warmweer »

paulus wrote: Yes, they are working :)

http://82.170.110.138/permissies/phpBB2/" target="_blank

Login with test and test, don't screw my server :)

(It isn't always online ;))
Thanks paulus,
It's about time I refresh my cvs version, many changes I noticed (I hope I don't have to refix all I had fixed before).

Also thanks to the moderators for having left the link, this should shut up some unbelievers
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

User avatar
wingnut144
Registered User
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:46 pm
Location: Idaho

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by wingnut144 »

warmweer wrote: Also thanks to the moderators for having left the link, this should shut up some unbelievers
Would it be a unbeliever? Or a non-believer? :lol: I don't think I unbelieve in anything, but there are sure plenty of things I'm a non-believer of!

Alexander the Great
Registered User
Posts: 52
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:12 pm

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by Alexander the Great »

I'm think beta (or major update) April 4th, marking 4 years since the release of 2.0

rivaldo
Registered User
Posts: 269
Joined: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:05 am
Contact:

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by rivaldo »

warmweer wrote:
paulus wrote: Yes, they are working :)

http://82.170.110.138/permissies/phpBB2/" target="_blank

Login with test and test, don't screw my server :)

(It isn't always online ;))
Thanks paulus,
It's about time I refresh my cvs version, many changes I noticed (I hope I don't have to refix all I had fixed before).

Also thanks to the moderators for having left the link, this should shut up some unbelievers
Yes, thanks, paulus and also thanks to the moderators. After seeing what I did, I guess I'll have to move up my estimate of when phpBB 3.0 will be released for beta testing by a couple of years!

warmweer
Registered User
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:27 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by warmweer »

rivaldo wrote: Yes, thanks, paulus and also thanks to the moderators. After seeing what I did, I guess I'll have to move up my estimate of when phpBB 3.0 will be released for beta testing by a couple of years!
Is it really necessary to prove your ignorance in development matters?
Aside from that, what the F are you trying to achieve anyway with your in-, un- or non-constructive posts?

Don't bother answering - contrary to my previous stance, it seems I may well develop a Karma feature myself. :lol:
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

Post Reply