Yay! Permissions!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
cooleo100d

Re: Yay! Permissions!

Post by cooleo100d »

MKruer wrote: Anyone willing to bet the first beta will be released April 1st? :mrgreen:
It's certainly possible. Wouldn't that be great???

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

cooleo100d wrote:
MKruer wrote: Anyone willing to bet the first beta will be released April 1st? :mrgreen:
It's certainly possible. Wouldn't that be great???
It's also possible that I will be elected Pope. Possible, yes. Probable, no. Just sit tight.

Now, some folks had been betting on April 1st before. But, umm... that was... hmm... last year!

Martin Blank

Post by Martin Blank »

the_dan wrote: It does seem a little too convoluted however - For example is there really any need to be able to set permissions on a by user basis? Would it not be simpler to create a new usergroup, rather than having the two options?
Generally, yes. However, there are definite instances where I would love to be able to allow a user access to a single, private forum for airing of issues before the staff, as it becomes easier than e-mail or PM, and there is a better record of it. It's also handy for blocking a user's access to a given forum individually if they become enough of a pest.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

aspoous

Post by aspoous »

Is there / will there be a way to let the permissions from a forum/category propagate to the subforums upon creation? Maybe it is in allready, but then I overlooked. (next to the presets I mean)

It is great that so many things can be set through permissions now.

b3rx

Post by b3rx »

another april fools would be nice... they did that last year if i remember correctly.
b3rx.com

"The only real mistake is the one from which we learn nothing..."

Image Image Image

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

paulus wrote: Yes, they are working :)

http://82.170.110.138/permissies/phpBB2/" target="_blank

Login with test and test, don't screw my server :)

(It isn't always online ;))
Thanks paulus,
It's about time I refresh my cvs version, many changes I noticed (I hope I don't have to refix all I had fixed before).

Also thanks to the moderators for having left the link, this should shut up some unbelievers
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

wingnut144

Post by wingnut144 »

warmweer wrote: Also thanks to the moderators for having left the link, this should shut up some unbelievers
Would it be a unbeliever? Or a non-believer? :lol: I don't think I unbelieve in anything, but there are sure plenty of things I'm a non-believer of!

Alexander the Great

Post by Alexander the Great »

I'm think beta (or major update) April 4th, marking 4 years since the release of 2.0

rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

warmweer wrote:
paulus wrote: Yes, they are working :)

http://82.170.110.138/permissies/phpBB2/" target="_blank

Login with test and test, don't screw my server :)

(It isn't always online ;))
Thanks paulus,
It's about time I refresh my cvs version, many changes I noticed (I hope I don't have to refix all I had fixed before).

Also thanks to the moderators for having left the link, this should shut up some unbelievers
Yes, thanks, paulus and also thanks to the moderators. After seeing what I did, I guess I'll have to move up my estimate of when phpBB 3.0 will be released for beta testing by a couple of years!

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

rivaldo wrote: Yes, thanks, paulus and also thanks to the moderators. After seeing what I did, I guess I'll have to move up my estimate of when phpBB 3.0 will be released for beta testing by a couple of years!
Is it really necessary to prove your ignorance in development matters?
Aside from that, what the F are you trying to achieve anyway with your in-, un- or non-constructive posts?

Don't bother answering - contrary to my previous stance, it seems I may well develop a Karma feature myself. :lol:
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.