Why does phpBB use a posting confirmation page?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Craig321

Re: Why does phpBB use a posting confirmation page?

Post by Craig321 »

Cheater512 wrote: More efficent code. :P

Code: Select all

$PostConf = $config['PostConfirm'];

if($PostConf == 0)
{
  header("Location: blah.php?postid=blah");
}
elseif($PostConf == 1)
{
  header("Location: the_page_that_shows_confirm_dialog.php");
}
else
{
  do the default thing
}
Removed the SQL query because its done in common.php anyway.
Ah, I'm not all that familiar with the insides of phpBB, I just know how to edit it :)

This new phpBB is etremely fast aswell!

TimJBart

Post by TimJBart »

Pixelation wrote: As said here, I like it. I guess it just ensures that people know they're post/topic has been posted and added, rather then double-posting by accident, which gives moderators or other staff more pointless and avoidable work to do.

I also agree that it looks good and I will always use it on my forum. :P

That is a good point about the double posting that you guys have made. Me and a mate moderate my forum but we're pretty lazy...sorry...relaxed about it! Not everyone is computer literate enough to realise how not to double post I suppose.

I'm excited by CRAIG123 saying the new phpBB is fast...cannot wait to get this running when it's finally out. I'm travelling round the world at the mo so I'm not back till July so I couldn't install it even if it had gone gold. I can be patient :)

Pixelation

Post by Pixelation »

Yeah, that's true. If you don't have enough time or something to moderate small things like that then it is good. But if you really don't have enough time moderating your forum, you shouldn't really have made the community...

phpBB3 is faster I guess, it works well on my cousins computer with a dial-up connection. Works to its optimum with my cable/broadband connection though. 8)
Pixelation :: The Freezing & Studio Blueprint Owner :: Visit Us :: Contact

Leo the leopard

In need of hosting for your website, forum or even your blog? Visit The Freezing and be a part of one of the newest hosting websites around owned by yours truly!

Redscape

Post by Redscape »

I would prefer an automatic redirect back to the post as well over the present "which way now?" screen.

However, I did install the Redirect_User_Fix on my PHPBB 2.0x board and it broke the Attachment Mod. Not sure why exactly...
Deluxe Diplomacy Online
http://www.redscape.com

Pixelation

Post by Pixelation »

If you don't click anything whilst on the posting confirmation page, it automatically redirects you to your post which you've just made... :?

The other options or links on that page are just there incase you don't want to see your post/topic or want to go elsewhere...
Pixelation :: The Freezing & Studio Blueprint Owner :: Visit Us :: Contact

Leo the leopard

In need of hosting for your website, forum or even your blog? Visit The Freezing and be a part of one of the newest hosting websites around owned by yours truly!