subBlue is changing!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
subBlue

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by subBlue » Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:49 am

NeoThermic wrote:
BioALIEN wrote: Graham thanks for clarifying this grey area. Tom has already briefed me regarding the new style so I rest my case. :)
Under the consideration that not even everyone on the phpBB teams knows what the new style looks like, or even the two newly hired developers, I highly doubt that you've been "briefed" about the new style.

NeoThermic
BioAlien, it wasn't a 'briefing' I gave you but more a request not to discuss further the 'insight' into the old admin mockup you seem to have aquired - however, there is nothing new now that you know that hasn't recently been added to the CVS.
The final release will only include one style for the admin area, which hasn't been finalised so no one yet knows what it will finally look like.

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:28 pm

NeoThermic, I never stated Tom gave me access to the new style or the fact that he's restricting it from the phpBB team. All I said is I've been "briefed" about what I have sent to him with regards to the new style. It has been settled now and I will continue to block said materials from my forums. You shouldnt assume things without knowing the facts!

Tom, I appreciate you clearing up the situation with your post above!

*sigh*
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic » Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:44 pm

BioALIEN wrote: NeoThermic, I never stated Tom gave me access to the new style
I think you need to understand what you said in context to the defintion of the word 'briefed'

You said: 'Tom has already briefed me regarding the new style'

The defintion of briefed is:
# To summarize.
# To give instructions or preparatory information to

Thus, your line, combined with the defition of the word, reads that you have been told summarised information reguarding the new style. I'm not the only one who thought this, I was just the first to post what was being thought.
BioALIEN wrote: All I said is I've been "briefed" about what I have sent to him with regards to the new style.
As above, that is not what you said; had you of said that, I wouldn't of said anything. But then, if you had said the information came from a file you sent Tom, it wouldn't sound so special would it?

NeoThermic
Last edited by NeoThermic on Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

APTX

Post by APTX » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:23 am

NeoThermic wrote: the defintion of the word 'brefied'
The best place for a typo. :P
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

MKruer

Post by MKruer » Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:03 am

APTX wrote:
NeoThermic wrote: the defintion of the word 'brefied'
The best place for a typo. :P
And that’s the reason why despite administratoring and moderating multiple forums, I tend to post very little. :mrgreen: