subBlue is changing!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
BioALIEN
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by BioALIEN » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:16 am

It makes perfect sense why Tom is changing the existing subSilver. He's trying to make it more compatible with phpbb3's source and the new "secret" style. Logically, if you have two (or more) styles, they are bound to work on the same set of HTML elements/tags. So they're not that much different if you have a look at both ;)

No dont be silly, its not the secret style everyone's talking about.. but its not very far from it.. or is it? :twisted:
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

friendly-art
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by friendly-art » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:09 am

BioALIEN wrote: It makes perfect sense why Tom is changing the existing subSilver. He's trying to make it more compatible with phpbb3's source and the new "secret" style. Logically, if you have two (or more) styles, they are bound to work on the same set of HTML elements/tags. So they're not that much different if you have a look at both ;)

No dont be silly, its not the secret style everyone's talking about.. but its not very far from it.. or is it? :twisted:
You are not right. The new "secret" style will be completely different in terms of HTML elements/tags as it will be tableless.

User avatar
subBlue
Registered User
Posts: 53
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2001 4:34 pm
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Contact:

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by subBlue » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:20 am

friendly-art wrote:
BioALIEN wrote: It makes perfect sense why Tom is changing the existing subSilver. He's trying to make it more compatible with phpbb3's source and the new "secret" style. Logically, if you have two (or more) styles, they are bound to work on the same set of HTML elements/tags. So they're not that much different if you have a look at both ;)

No dont be silly, its not the secret style everyone's talking about.. but its not very far from it.. or is it? :twisted:
You are not right. The new "secret" style will be completely different in terms of HTML elements/tags as it will be tableless.
Interesting, I can't wait to see it.

friendly-art
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by friendly-art » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:46 am

subBlue wrote: Interesting, I can't wait to see it.
:lol:

BioALIEN
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by BioALIEN » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:00 pm

friendly-art wrote: You are not right. The new "secret" style will be completely different in terms of HTML elements/tags as it will be tableless.
Um.. and you think the new Admin Control Panel using the updated subSilver CSS is not tableless? Why else do you think its changing? You better check the source :lol:

subBlue wrote: Interesting, I can't wait to see it.
Tom, thanks for the comments - but I guess you see it everyday. An email has been sent your way ;)
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

friendly-art
Registered User
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:43 pm
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Contact:

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by friendly-art » Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:55 pm

BioALIEN wrote: Um.. and you think the new Admin Control Panel using the updated subSilver CSS is not tableless? Why else do you think its changing? You better check the source :lol:
And you'd better check this topic... ;-)

The admin part is going to be constant and board-style independent.

BioALIEN
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by BioALIEN » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:08 pm

I have a feeling the admin panel will ship with the two official styles provided by phpBB ;)

Dont ask me why, I just know this and Tom is the only person who can confirm it!
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Graham
Registered User
Posts: 1304
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2002 7:11 pm
Location: UK

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by Graham » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:26 am

The admin panel is independent from the board style. We might change it to bring it a bit closer to the default board style, but there will be one and one only ACP style (actually those who know what they are doing could change it very easily if they really have a need to by replacing a single file but that is besides the point)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!

BioALIEN
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:46 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by BioALIEN » Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:43 am

Graham wrote: The admin panel is independent from the board style. We might change it to bring it a bit closer to the default board style, but there will be one and one only ACP style (actually those who know what they are doing could change it very easily if they really have a need to by replacing a single file but that is besides the point)

Graham thanks for clarifying this grey area. Tom has already briefed me regarding the new style so I rest my case. :)
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

NeoThermic
Registered User
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2004 3:44 pm
Location: United Kingdom
Contact:

Re: subBlue is changing!

Post by NeoThermic » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:07 am

BioALIEN wrote: Graham thanks for clarifying this grey area. Tom has already briefed me regarding the new style so I rest my case. :)
Under the consideration that not even everyone on the phpBB teams knows what the new style looks like, or even the two newly hired developers, I highly doubt that you've been "briefed" about the new style.

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です

Post Reply