I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
TrevorB

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by TrevorB »

If this topic didn't destroy your dream, you have some good will. I almost feel sorry for you after reading this.
Seriously, good luck. I'll send you one hundred (CA) dollars if you can release actually release this stably. A little incentive makes it a little sweeter, doesn't it?

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

ellipsis ??
And I thought an ellipsis was a kind op oval circle with rounded edges. :mrgreen:

Never dreamt the use of 2 points (or are they dots) would create a linguistic discussion (period?).
And it's all to blame on my keyboard which doesn't even accept 3 decimal delimitors in a row (wireless goes haywire now and then).

Anyway, this whole topic brings back to mind the karma topic of some time ago. I'm now a firm believer in the whole point of karma (oops another point) and I feel it should be included in the vanilla (or should that be sour cream) version of PhopBamb (FronServo's version).

Disclaimer : all small round images used in this post, usually at the end of sentences, sometimes in between words, with or without periods (those invisible characters used to space words), for that matter all typographical characters, are placed purely at random and poster cannot be held responsible for misplacements, deletions or additions made by hard and software used!
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

smithy_dll

Post by smithy_dll »

warmweer wrote: ellipsis ??
And I thought an ellipsis was a kind op oval circle with rounded edges. :mrgreen:
Notice the spelling an elipse (an oval) vs an ellipsis (...).
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

APTX

Post by APTX »

"The broad mass of the userbase will more easily fall victim to a big lie than to a small one".
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

:lol:

You all honestly think you're being mean, or evil, or harsh, or cruel. But you have not done one single thing to stop me. I have a list of 15 possible names, Phopbamb only one of them. 14 left on the list, friends. Face it - you're history.

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

FronServo wrote: :lol:

You all honestly think you're being mean, or evil, or harsh, or cruel. But you have not done one single thing to stop me. I have a list of 15 possible names, Phopbamb only one of them. 14 left on the list, friends. Face it - you're history.
Your saying phpBB is history on the basis that you have 450 people waiting for your version? Yeah sure the development of phpBB3 has been a long and winding road, but to alot of people that process is reaching an end as you probably very well know, do you really think that a product with an existing userbase of hundreds of thousands would be beaten by little old you?

The harsh reality is that phpBB3 development has picked up pace and with subBlue joining the development team to help ready up the style it only means one thing. Your too late. You can big yourself up all you like, say whatever you like, but no-one here will ever believe you...

Good Luck.

One more thing... A simple question.. Why bother to come on here and try to convince a base of users that are obvisously here for only one reason, to support phpBB3 Development? Did you expect any other response to the one you have got?

trenzterra

Post by trenzterra »

FronServo wrote: :lol:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

who_cares

Post by who_cares »

the_dan wrote: Image

Anyone else reminded of this guy?
I suspect this master plan shall be similar in sucess terms.
:lol: I was going to post that too:
FronServo wrote: If you wanted to be really technicle, it WILL be phpBB3, or "my version" of it. The sad part, it will be the only version. If my plan works (don't laugh yet - i have more up my sleeve), there WILL be no official phpBB3. They'll spread their branches to go higher then me, even MORE advance. Which, will once again, take a ridiculously long time, causing more people to run to my olympus, and causing even the phpBB 2.0.x serious irrelevent. Therefor...

People won't want to keep using 2.0.x, and they wont want to wait for your "new" olympus. Causing every user to come crawling to me. If I understand the human mind, your developers will be very discouraged, and eventually, when only a few people care about his new project, the project will die. They won't update the 2.0.x branch, as no one will use that. The world will be left phpBB-less, and I will become the one, true, official phpBB.
Then point the "laser" at the moon! HA HA HA :roll:

asmith3006

Post by asmith3006 »

I haven't been using phpBB for very long, so certainly can't speak for the community.

But. I'd like to say "sod off you pathetic child", or "get a job". If you've got time to "finish" phpBB and turn it into the best thing ever which is perfect (which is very impressive seeing as even microsoft, a multi billion $ company can't achieve, and neither can the millions of unix/linux developers) then you obviously don't have ANYTHING else to do.

Go on then, I'm waiting for your oh-so-clever "I'm sorry sir, but your opinion doesn't count" retort.

.................................................................................
Count the dots.

Fountain of Apples

Post by Fountain of Apples »

81 dots.
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.