I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
nuckfan15

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by nuckfan15 »

I think this thread is hilarious, even the team members are flaming you.

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

Cap'n Refsmmat wrote: Show us some screenshots or something, or we'll just remember this as the incident of overinflated ego.

Oh wait, it already is. Excuse me.
You are excused.

I am NOT giving phpBB a chance to live here. That is my whole point of this post.
I think this thread is hilarious, even the team members are flaming you.
They aren't flamming me, they are voicing their opinions.

AdamR

Post by AdamR »

FronServo wrote: I have tested it for months, i have had quite a large number (438) testing (some, yes, of which come here to find bugs HERE). Not a valid answer.
Wow. I'm impressed. Very impressed. I mean, I've never heard of anyone being able to keep 438 people completely silent on the internet about such a thing for months at a time. Kudos to you, sir. You've done something that not even governments can do.
Sir, you have just failed your english class.
A little hypocritical, are we? I thought you didn't want to bring it up, anymore.
True of course, I can't deny it. There are a few bugs, flaws in the code. This is to be expected. I am finding and destroying said bugs, as is the reason for the late release of mine.
Oh, but you did deny it. And I quote:
FronServo @ 22:55 GMT on Thursday, January 5th, AD 2005 wrote: Mine is perfectly stable - why isn't yours?
Please note the bolded word.

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

FronServo wrote: You are excused.

I am NOT giving phpBB a chance to live here. That is my whole point of this post.
Oh dear. I'm sorry I ever misunderestimated you. Let me go commit hari-kari.
FronServo wrote: I have tested it for months, i have had quite a large number (438) testing (some, yes, of which come here to find bugs HERE). Not a valid answer.
97.2% of statistics are made up on the spot.
FronServo wrote: Sir, you have just failed your english class.
I believe capitalization was covered in the third grade.

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

Ah, excuse me then. Let me rephrase that then:
The forum software is just as stable as the 2.0.x serious.
There we are.

And of course they're not scowering the internet, most are doing exactly what everyone here is - just using it.

cooleo100d

Post by cooleo100d »

Augh you all fell for it. This is just AcydBurn playing a joke on the area51 community.

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Might I note that a search for "PhopBamb" returns no results, and asks if you meant to say "phpBB"?

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

cooleo100d wrote: Augh you all fell for it. This is just AcydBurn playing a joke on the area51 community.
It does certainly seem to be a silly joke, doesn't it? It's in the semantics.

FronServo

Post by FronServo »

cooleo100d wrote: Augh you all fell for it. This is just AcydBurn playing a joke on the area51 community.
You sir, have made a complete moron out of yourself. Congrats. (Please, mods, check IP addresses).

Yes, Google, Yahoo, or MSN won't have any results on this. I made sure that this was a very secret project.

NeoThermic

Post by NeoThermic »

I would just like to point out an ultimate flaw in your plan. You say that you'll eradicate phpBB, and then rename your project to phpBB.

There's a little issue of copyright. See 'phpBB' is copyrighted, you can't use the name. Copyright is also a powerfull thing, meaning that it exists for the life of the holder, plus seventy (70) years. So you'll be unable to do that part of the plan. You'll never be 'phpBB'.

NeoThermic
phpBB release date pool!
The NeoThermic.com... a well of information. Ask me for the bit bucket so you can drink its goodness. ||新熱です