I am taking the code.

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Locked
User avatar
A_Jelly_Doughnut
Registered User
Posts: 1780
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2003 4:23 pm

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

And I thought I was daring...

Fact is, I was rather surprised that all phpBB's base didn't belong to me just weeks after "stabilizing" the Olympus code.

Two words to anyone wishing to succeed as a fork of any given project: Good luck. And now a full sentence: Have a good game ready so you can bide your time.
A_Jelly_Doughnut
FronServo
Registered User
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:08 pm

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by FronServo »

Fountain of Apples wrote: By the way, if you wanted to help with phpBB3, where were you while we announced the Community Coding Projects? All those projects were basically phpBB3 development, and are going to be built-into phpBB3.

Also, our 2 latest dev team members were those who signed up for the CCP, so if you wanted to help with phpBB3, all you had to do was sign up!

But no, we got an exceedingly low turnout. That wouldn't have been true if everyone who was complaining had stepped up to the plate and helped.
I dont WAN'T to help with phpBB3. That's not MY job - that's YOURS. But it seems i was forced to do your dirty work. Pitty.
User avatar
Fountain of Apples
Registered User
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:59 pm
Location: SF Bay Area, CA, USA
Contact:

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by Fountain of Apples »

FronServo wrote: But it seems i was forced to do your dirty work.
Actually, you weren't. You chose to do our dirty work. ;)

Oh well. I'm sure SourceFork.net will be glad to host your project.
Image
A successful community begins with YOU. Tag, you're it.
Cap'n Refsmmat
Registered User
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Fountain of Apples wrote: Actually, you weren't. You chose to do our dirty work. ;)
Bah. Semantics don't matter. All that matters is that he's going to win, and WE'RE GOING DOWN!!!!!!111!1 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh
User avatar
AdamR
Registered User
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by AdamR »

FronServo wrote: I dont WAN'T to help with phpBB3. That's not MY job - that's YOURS. But it seems i was forced to do your dirty work. Pitty.
You obviously have some respect for phpBB or else you would have started from scratch. If you dislike phpBB3 so much, why use its codebase?

- Adam
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition
Cap'n Refsmmat
Registered User
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

AdamR wrote: You obviously have some respect for phpBB or else you would have started from scratch. If you dislike phpBB3 so much, why use its codebase?

- Adam
No, no, no. He has no respect for it, because he's using it to cause its own demise. Or something.
nuckfan15
Registered User
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:32 am

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by nuckfan15 »

User avatar
AdamR
Registered User
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 7:51 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Contact:

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by AdamR »

nuckfan15 wrote: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll" target="_blank
In all honestly, that's all I think this is. Call me a n00b, call me evil, call me whatever you want, but I decided to feed the troll. We all did in this scenario. I hereby give you Phopbamb

Okay, I was bored and there was a sale going on. :P

- Adam
Last edited by AdamR on Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
A teacher is one who says, "Stand on my shoulders and reach higher."
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
phpBB Support: Search
My Blog: Technology Edition
ScionCrow
Registered User
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:56 pm

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by ScionCrow »

Oh yeah, one more thing to add... Many of us have been waiting for Olympus since it was called phpBB 2.2.0. I have been waiting for it ever since I first heard word of it. And I've been using the 2.0.X series for a long time. (hence how I used series, not serious) Though, I can't wait for Olympus to come out, but I know for a fact it's not complete yet, and many of the features are still yet to be implemented.

One more thing too... If you claim that the 2.0.X series will die because of 3.0.X, then you are SADLY mistaken. Many people won't update their forum because they heavily modified it, which I understand and will continue to support it in spare time. But, some of us will update to Olympus when the beta finally comes around. I, for one, will no doubt upgrade, but I can imagine some others not upgrading which I don't care, they are not forced to upgrade at all. The 1.4.X series was abandoned, and we don't care for it anymore... not even I.
Someplace where it's dark, someplace where it's quiet, I feel at home... I have nowhere to go any longer, as that's what I desire.
User avatar
Techie-Micheal
Registered User
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2001 12:11 am

Re: I am taking the code.

Post by Techie-Micheal »

FronServo wrote:
Fountain of Apples wrote: By the way, if you wanted to help with phpBB3, where were you while we announced the Community Coding Projects? All those projects were basically phpBB3 development, and are going to be built-into phpBB3.

Also, our 2 latest dev team members were those who signed up for the CCP, so if you wanted to help with phpBB3, all you had to do was sign up!

But no, we got an exceedingly low turnout. That wouldn't have been true if everyone who was complaining had stepped up to the plate and helped.
I dont WAN'T to help with phpBB3. That's not MY job - that's YOURS. But it seems i was forced to do your dirty work. Pitty.
So many incorrect assumptions and statements, so little time.

Let's see.

1. You state your product is perfectly stable. Once released, I'll be more than happy to get my hands on the codebase for you and see just how stable it is.
2. You state that the devs will have no choice but to give up and give in to your wild assumptions, accusations, and hubris. However, you have not provided one shred of evidence on just how you plan to do that. Not one single url, not even a photoshopped image.

I hate to burst your bubble, but
Image

You insist on telling us to not start flamewars, and yet you attack someone on something as simple as an ellipsis. I would also like to know how someone posting an image means they have failed English class. Last but not least, it appears you are simply Image

Ah yes, you do realize that hubris is one of the seven deadly sins, don't you?
Locked