Very nice new ACP

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Post Reply
Yawnster
Registered User
Posts: 342
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:18 pm
Location: London, UK
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by Yawnster »

Fountain of Apples wrote: We're all waiting for the final style release--including the team members. (No, we don't get to see it either!) However, it will come out with 3.0.0 final, which SHOULD be this year.
really??? man the development team are mean. I thought that everyone on the phpBB team knew..
User avatar
dhn
Registered User
Posts: 1518
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2001 8:10 am
Location: Around the corner
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by dhn »

Yawnster wrote: really??? man the development team are mean. I thought that everyone on the phpBB team knew..
This is less about being mean but keeping this as a surprise for everyone. You don't want to know how hard it is to keep something awesome a secret for 1 1/2 years. We would like to have shown everyone yesterday, but this time we don't want to give others the chance for copying our ideas too early.
Image
asmith3006
Registered User
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:09 pm

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by asmith3006 »

Fountain of Apples wrote: .....it will come out with 3.0.0 final, which SHOULD be this year.
Did I read that right?? That appears to be a time frame for a release date!!!!! :o :o :o

Awesome, although I do realise that that's 360 days timeframe, and only a "should", and that we've been told this before....


Apart from that it's set in stone! :D

Ace.

Love the work, love the forum.
User avatar
naderman
Consultant
Posts: 1727
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 2:11 am
Location: Berlin, Germany
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by naderman »

No it wasn't. That's been a wish, and probably most people here wish that.
Natan
Registered User
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by Natan »

asmith3006 wrote:
Fountain of Apples wrote: .....it will come out with 3.0.0 final, which SHOULD be this year.
Did I read that right?? That appears to be a time frame for a release date!!!!! :o :o :o

Awesome, although I do realise that that's 360 days timeframe, and only a "should", and that we've been told this before....


Apart from that it's set in stone! :D

Ace.

Love the work, love the forum.
Ummm, they've set the whole past year as a solid date, and it still didn't happen!
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
cooleo100d
Registered User
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:17 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by cooleo100d »

espenhh wrote: Edit: And some nice, new icons too :mrgreen: Isn't used yet, but I guess they will be soon :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
I'd be willing to bet that these are a hint to the style of the secret style. And I have to say, that style is awesome.
who_cares
Registered User
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by who_cares »

cooleo100d wrote:
espenhh wrote: Edit: And some nice, new icons too :mrgreen: Isn't used yet, but I guess they will be soon :D
ImageImageImageImageImage
I'd be willing to bet that these are a hint to the style of the secret style. And I have to say, that style is awesome.
thos icons are used in the current CVS
Natan
Registered User
Posts: 304
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 4:31 pm
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by Natan »

Where do you see those icons? (where's the option to post them)
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
who_cares
Registered User
Posts: 218
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by who_cares »

I see them in forum management
cooleo100d
Registered User
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:17 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by cooleo100d »

who_cares wrote: thos icons are used in the current CVS
Right...

I'm saying they're probably an indication of what's to come in the secret style.
Post Reply