Very nice new ACP

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by Paul »

Every server can crash, and I like server that are crashed :lol:

trenzterra

Post by trenzterra »

Just noticed, it's supposed to be "maintenance", not "maintanence" as spelled on the tab...

gLiTcH_

Post by gLiTcH_ »

This is the reason why phpBB3 is really worth the wait. Just saw the screenshots and they look AWESOME! I really can't wait for the final release. This will bring other boards on its knees for sure. :twisted:

Cap'n Refsmmat

Post by Cap'n Refsmmat »

Am I the only one that gets "Cannot find module" when I try to access the ACP?

edit: Fixed... looks great. Kind of like IPB's ACP, but it's divided up more logically.

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

i would like to ask one question if i may..

you see extra modules (Karma in the screenshot).. what will happen if there is more than your screensize permits? Newline or Sideways scroll?

Thanks.. Yawnster

dhn

Post by dhn »

Yawnster wrote: you see extra modules (Karma in the screenshot).. what will happen if there is more than your screensize permits? Newline or Sideways scroll?
Karma would not have its own tab. It could be grouped under General, for instance. MOD authors should also not add new tabs but either sort their modules into a MODs tab we might add, or under one of the other groups. So the number of tabs is pretty much set with the release. This of course won't stop people to add new ones, but we will have a close look to not let MOD authors do it.

It doesn't look nice when there are too many tabs, tabs will go to a new line. ;)

saltydx

Post by saltydx »

The ACP is looking very nice indeed. I just downloaded and installed the latest CVS snapshot after reading all the committs that have been made in the past two days. The developers should be commended on their work and the progress that is being made.

APTX

Post by APTX »

When you access a page which is listed in two categorys the menu always switches to the first category.
If you disable a category all subitems appear as tabs... and ytes it doesn't look too good if there are many tabs.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Imladris

Post by Imladris »

Well it might be beautiful, but it's stupid. All the time you have said that you would use raw html in the ACP fiels and nto templates. Now you've suddenly changed that, even thoguh nobody cares about the template in an ACP. And now i have a 2000+ lines ACP file which i have to remake completely... :x yet another "let's annoy people" addon.

Virtuality

Post by Virtuality »

Imladris wrote: Well it might be beautiful, but it's stupid. All the time you have said that you would use raw html in the ACP fiels and nto templates. Now you've suddenly changed that, even thoguh nobody cares about the template in an ACP. And now i have a 2000+ lines ACP file which i have to remake completely... :x yet another "let's annoy people" addon.
... Sorry, but you're an idiot. We were all told hundreds of times that EVERYTHING might change totally, at any time. And even if they hadn't said that... if you go around writing 2000+ lines based on CVS code, you only have yourself to blame.

Yeah I'm SURE they changed it JUST because to annoy you! The evil phpBB hates you! :evil:
"phpBB3 is never late. Nor is it early. It arrives precisely when it means to."