Very nice new ACP

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Michaelo

Re: Very nice new ACP

Post by Michaelo »

Do I take it from the last post that a member can't help another member with a problem if it relates to Olympus? If so, my apologies
Mike
Mods: Forum Icons Enhancement, Kiss Portal Engine
Links:
Kiss Portal Engine (dev site) Stargate Portal (archive site) ...
Styles: Technika

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Michaelo wrote: Do I take it from the last post that a member can't help another member with a problem if it relates to Olympus? If so, my apologies
Mike
That's correct.

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

In fact the 'No Support' was initially intended to mean 'No Support with respect to phpBB3/Olympus from the phpBB Team' and not 'Community Members are not allowed to support each other in respect of phpBB3/Olympus'.
It now appears that discussion, where it relates to support for Olympus by any persons, is not permitted. Could Admin please clear this point up for me?
Mike
Links:

{o}

Post by {o} »

I'm not an admin here, but I understand this...

Olympus is not supported, because it makes no sense at the moment. This is clear. But not for some less inteligent people. If users supported this officialy unsupported version some guys would feel this IS supported - whatever devs would say.

Devs are still trying to find a way to explain this unsupportness. They have forbidden supporting by users. They added to the CSV a special line in common.php: die('This is unsupported, blah blah blah.'); which prevents people who don't know PHP. They even stopped creating CVS snapshots, so now only people who can use CVS client are able obtain the code...

Michaelo

Post by Michaelo »

Many thanks {o}
Your post has answered many question and I very much appreciate it.

Just realised you joined the site the day before me... :roll: now that’s strange... :?
Hopefully that means by tomorrow I will have copped on.
Links:

Glorius Hole

Post by Glorius Hole »

Eh, if memebers want to support each other, do it over PM. Out of sight out of mind, that\s what I say. Just don't go PM'ing the developers.

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

lol ok.. im finally seeing the new ACP.. (after having a modified variant of it for about a week or so..)

(i had updated my CVS copy whilst the transition between new and old was taking place so i got a mix between the two..)

I kept on updating my CVS and nothing changed.. Damn Caching System..

Feel free to laugh..

Yawnster

PS.. Very nice and crisp implementation, Good Job guys.. Cant wait for the new style though..

APTX

Post by APTX »

You can search area51 about disableing the caching of templates.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

Yawnster

Post by Yawnster »

ive just got into the habit of clearing that folder when a major update has been performed..

Well i will..

Yawnster

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

Yawnster wrote: ive just got into the habit of clearing that folder when a major update has been performed..

Well i will..

Yawnster
Take a look at the "Recompile stale templates" option under Load Settings in the ACP.