cvs changes

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
ChALkeR

Re: cvs changes

Post by ChALkeR »

hm. this interesing.
new folders in templates:
  • Euclid
  • PSO
hm. double folders in different places...
  • ./adm - ./admin
  • ./styles/templates - ./templates
  • ./styles/imagesets -./imagesets
looks like files/folders structure reorganisation...
Sorry for my bad English....

code reader

Post by code reader »

what you want is to use the -P (capital P. dont mix with capital punishment) as a flag to the "cvs up" command, thus:
cvs -z5 up -AdP
where the "d" means create new directories if needed, the "A" means remove any sticky tag, and the "P" means remove empty directories.

for ages now, there is no "templates" directory in olympus, only "styles".
likewise no "admin". and of course, no "new folders in templates". those do not belong to olympus (phpbb v2 shares the cvs repository, and all the superflous stuff you see belongs either to v2, or is deprecated altogether).

there is another massive duplicity though, not in files but rather in language strings: in the major rearrangement acyd did to the language files in the last month or two, he copied the strings rather than move them, so now the "lang" array has more than 1000 duplicate values assigned.
i hope he will remember to clean it all up before too long...

VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

code reader wrote: i hope he will remember to clean it all up before too long...
If he doesn't. Start screaming whenever BETA 1 hits :).
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"

trenzterra

Post by trenzterra »

seems like the latest update messed up the cookies... can't stay logged in. :lol:

the_dan

Post by the_dan »

trenzterra wrote: seems like the latest update messed up the cookies... can't stay logged in. :lol:
Yeah, it doesn't work entirely (as is to be expected), but what does is absolutely brilliant 8)

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

I'm glad someone is finally doing this topic. I've tried to get this going back in March 2005 over half a year ago but the moderators in the psoTFX times were harsh, cruel and trigger happy:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19271

I'll be sure to give my feedback once I update my CVS copy ;)
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN

Spectral Dragon

Post by Spectral Dragon »

Can't say I can find anything, and on a side note Bookmarks, subscriptions work :)

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I have the evidence and my list I kee checking, but am withholding all evidence, comments, and support until after Beta... :)