Milestones

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
CreatixEA

Milestones

Post by CreatixEA »

Hi,

Where are we about millestones ???

Thanks,

E.

smithy_dll

Re: Milestones

Post by smithy_dll »

Would it really make a difference if you knew?
phpBB, its open source, become involved, write a modification!
Modifications Database | MOD Development Forum Rules | MOD Studio

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

It might david... For all you know our good freind CreatixEA might be on the edge... He might be about to do... Something... And maybe, just maybe knowing what the milestones are would give him a reason... Not to do something...

All sarcasm aside... The milestones are crazy and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them... I don't think they really matter, all that matters is that we will all one day have phpBB3... One day...

Wow I'm making sense today...

APTX

Post by APTX »

stubbers wrote: It might david... For all you know our good freind CreatixEA might be on the edge... He might be about to do... Something... And maybe, just maybe knowing what the milestones are would give him a reason... Not to do something...
Would it really make a difference if he did?
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Lol, I suppose not...

SHOwned

Post by SHOwned »

Geez...you guys are mean. 8O :P

Here is a good thread that I found explaining the milestones and what they stand for: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20989&hilit=milestone

In fact, I logged on today just to search for that thread and find out myself. :)

If the thread is confusing, in a nutshell:

1.) We are at milestone3

2.) The milestone system was ditched at milestone 2 and is now ONLY used for developmental purposes so the developers can somehow organize stuff around that. To people like you and me, the milestones mean absolutely nothing. 8)

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Sorry... I didn't quite mean it to sound like that... Wait till you've been here as long as I have, I think half the other guys must have gone crazy by now...

BTW SHOwned, well said...

SHOwned

Post by SHOwned »

stubbers wrote: Sorry... I didn't quite mean it to sound like that... Wait till you've been here as long as I have, I think half the other guys must have gone crazy by now...

BTW SHOwned, well said...

Nah don't worry, I was kinda kidding. I have been reading this forum since late 2004 and didn't decide to become a member until recently. It is a wonder this place hasn't imploded on itself. Quite a bit of repetitive questions/attitudes...and tons of people who can't take it and get all nasty. Not a good combination.

BTW, thanks. I had just finished researching this topic and found the answer, so I figured, might as well spread the joy. :D

Also, good advice to anyone, try the search function. What I did to find that thread was I typed in "milestone" and display only threads that have it in their title. I agree, it is a bit difficult to weed out informative threads from bad ones, but there is a good chance you will find the information you are looking for, and if all else fails, ask. :) No question asked is too stupid.....kinda...

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

LOL... Forums can't implode... Unless the dev's got completely sick of us... I actually think Paul found it funny... For a while...

EDIT - Dear god I've been here for 13 months...

SHOwned

Post by SHOwned »

stubbers wrote: LOL... Forums can't implode... Unless the dev's got completely sick of us... I actually think Paul found it funny... For a while...

EDIT - Dear god I've been here for 13 months...
Implode...explode...some other nasty thing happening...you know. ;) Of course metaphorically speaking in terms of the membership.

13 months, not bad. That may even be a bit longer than I have. I come and go though. Up until now I probably only browsed this place on average, once or twice a month. I figured, what the heck..it goes both ways, might as well participate a little. :mrgreen:

EDIT: When I click on emoticons it doubles it. I guess they want TWICE the emotional powwa MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHH ok im done...