Waithing long time :(

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
koko

Waithing long time :(

Post by koko »

Long timeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
What is so Good on this system that can't realase it now?! :|

Martin Blank

Re: Waithing long time :(

Post by Martin Blank »

We've all waited a long time. There is still work to be done on it. When it's ready, it will be released. That's the best anyone can say.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

Right now you can't view any forum that you have posted a topic into (in the CVS version), I would say that would be one good reason.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

I have a suggestion... We could all try learning to touch type and spell... Waithing, (it's only wafer thin)... LOL...

rakshasas

Post by rakshasas »

You know what I find amusing when people tell the dev team to release something because they've been waiting so long?

The fact that if they did release it now, these same people would be the ones complaining about bugs and various other problems.

All I have to say is I have been waiting a long time too, and I am happy to continue waiting for as long as it takes. phpBB is great to work with, and a wonderful product.

On a side note, that draft button is quite awesome.

code reader

Post by code reader »

rakshasas wrote: .....
On a side note, that draft button is quite awesome.
and it would be even more awesome if you could later load the draft you just saved.

Joel Kleppinger

Post by Joel Kleppinger »

It indeed has been a long time, and the improvements already done look awesome. My wish is that the devs would post what they would like to do before phpBB 3 comes out. Watching that list dwindle would at least give people an idea of how far phpBB 3 still has to go.

Oh well. The devs have made it quite clear they aren't interested in giving any sort of release information out until we are into the release candidate stage.

Tullamore

Post by Tullamore »

I think the problem is that everytime you add something it breaks things that were already working so a list wouldn't really make any sense.

Joel Kleppinger

Post by Joel Kleppinger »

Sure it would. Sure, bugs are created and things break, but eventually you can call a feature "done." Done doesn't mean perfect... it just means it should have everything the programmer intended.

I'm writing this as a programmer working on a commercial PHP project that has been in writing for a LONG time (over a year), and we're now starting to talk about what needs to be done for release.

I personally believe phpBB 3 is in a similar situation... not done yet, but at a point where it would be nice to know what's left.

APTX

Post by APTX »

Just get used to waiting. Think of it as a hobby. You'll feel better.
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!