What will happen to this board?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Techie-Micheal

Re: What will happen to this board?

Post by Techie-Micheal »

Martin Blank is correct, area51 was moved to White Sands, Utah, now called area2056. I remember that article like it was yesterday. 8) At any rate, that testing facility does exist, and is used for things like testing supersonic aircraft as well as the infamous B52 Bomber.

Moving back on topic now, I believe it has already been said here that once 3.0 gets released (no, not in years ...), this board will turn in to 3.1.

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Micheal wrote: Moving back on topic now, I believe it has already been said here that once 3.0 gets released (no, not in years ...), this board will turn in to 3.1.
Quick everyone look, he's predicting the release date.

And that's what i thought 3.1. Scary, 3.1, hmmmm, it would be pretty hard to expand features any further :D

theamazingTWOeyedman

Post by theamazingTWOeyedman »

Someone should ask the devs when 3.1 will be released XD
Hosting? - mlhosting.net

warmweer

Post by warmweer »

theamazingTWOeyedman wrote: Someone should ask the devs when 3.1 will be released XD
I guess you're not volunteering.
Procrastination is my hobby, but I keep on postponing it.

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

stubbers wrote: And that's what i thought 3.1. Scary, 3.1, hmmmm, it would be pretty hard to expand features any further :D
Time travel.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

phpBB 3.1 won't be released. It will be the development branch for 3.2 ;)
A_Jelly_Doughnut

stubbers

Post by stubbers »

q3utom wrote: stubbers wrote:
And that's what i thought 3.1. Scary, 3.1, hmmmm, it would be pretty hard to expand features any further

Time travel.
What, you mean that it could pre-empt peoples responses. It could have a conversation with itself, even develop itself. Then the forum becomes angry, and takes over the world!

expert01

Post by expert01 »

SamG wrote: In another century or so, people are going to laugh about all this Area 51 nonsense, since by then it'll be well known that after alien craft recovered at Roswell were successfully reverse engineered, the place was used to develop
Orville Redenbacher's popcorn
(notice please that Redenbacher's research was especially productive from 1959-1965 -- after alien agricultural methods had been successfully adapted for terrestrial use).
You know, I was eating some just as I read this post.

q3utom

Post by q3utom »

stubbers wrote: What, you mean that it could pre-empt peoples responses. It could have a conversation with itself, even develop itself. Then the forum becomes angry, and takes over the world!

Pretty much. I can't think of any other things it could do really other than automated mods. Forum software can surely go only so far???

blobber

Post by blobber »

stubbers wrote:
q3utom wrote: stubbers wrote:
And that's what i thought 3.1. Scary, 3.1, hmmmm, it would be pretty hard to expand features any further

Time travel.
What, you mean that it could pre-empt peoples responses. It could have a conversation with itself, even develop itself. Then the forum becomes angry, and takes over the world!
If the feature tracker wasn't closed for the upcoming version, I'd be about to make a feature request for that one !