Do you use the Friend/Foe Feature?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
aquarelle

Re: Do you use the Friend/Foe Feature?

Post by aquarelle »

I posted to it because I did a search for this topic and this was the only thread about this topic so I asked my question in it rather than start a new thread.

I am not wondering how to disable, but how to find the images associated with this feature. They are not in the files for subSilver, but yet under Styles / Imagesets / subSilver edit / Select image / both Add as friend and Add as foe appear in the dropdown.

There is no image to associate with these functions that I can find.
~aquarelle
Mike.XIII

Post by Mike.XIII »

I think the admins should be able to set which member groups get to use it because if moderators set people in their foe list they could have a hard time moderating lol. I guess it's just up to admins not to assign moderators who don't know what theyre doing then.
APTX

Post by APTX »

The foe feature works more like an ignore feature. I would never ignore my foes. ;)
Don't give me my freedom out of pity!
NNO-Stephen

Post by NNO-Stephen »

eh, I don't really care for it. I'll be ignoring this feature.
Adric

Post by Adric »

For Gaming Guilds though, this will be an important feature... There are a few people in my guild that i never want to hear from or see anything they post, because they are generaly anoying... However, having done nothing "wrong" we can not ban them from the forums or guild... This feature will be invaluable.
Drew***

Post by Drew*** »

I can see some uses for the feature, such as ignoring trolls. But the language is geared more towards gaming forums, and we have a humor (humour for the queen's subjects) forum. Hopefully the developers won't be too upset if we change the language from "foe" to something like "ignore"
Where would you like to go today? http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/

We have information about your home http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/subscribe.php3
BlueEew

Post by BlueEew »

This feature is great if you asked me, because some people get spammed/annoyed by other's so they can sort of block them with the foe feature.
niksa

Post by niksa »

I don't think I'll use it, but it will be enabled on my board. I have a lot of users who, for some reason, just can NEVER play nice. :lol:
Mike.XIII

Post by Mike.XIII »

Was there even an option to disable it? If so I must have skipped it when I tried Beta1, I've decided not to try any remaining beta's gunna wait for the RC's :)
jojobarjo32

Post by jojobarjo32 »

To disable this feature, you have to deactivate the relevant module (ACP -> System -> Module Management -> User Control Panel -> Click on "Disable" for the "Friends and Foes" module).