Who made the phpBB smilies?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
FinalSoul

Who made the phpBB smilies?

Post by FinalSoul »

Who made the phpBB smilies? Are they made specially for phpBB? I've seen them used with PHP scripts completely unrelated to phpBB, so that's why I'm asking.
Magnotta

Re: Who made the phpBB smilies?

Post by Magnotta »

I believe they were made by subBlue. I may be wrong on this but apperently the smilies existed before, and he remade them as they are now(which is why they look so similar to many other smilies). Like I said, I may be wrong on that, but I believe I read a post where one of the mods mentioned that. As well, Mr.Green is sort of exclusive to phpBB.
Skuld

Post by Skuld »

I want to know that aswell! :mrgreen:

Wordpress uses, and I've seen the IM in KDE.. err its named slipped my mind ><; use them, they're labeled as 'phpBB' in there though

EDIT: kopette!
Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet? Is it here yet?

Now? :D
Paul Grayson

Post by Paul Grayson »

I'm sure I've seen Mr Green on a UBB board, running the version that used flat files and Perl. When that site was upgraded to a PHP version, it disappeared.
monacelli

Post by monacelli »

Mr. Green shows up all over the place. He's an internet celebrity.
stubbers

Post by stubbers »

There was a topic on the main board about Mr Green in particular and his origns. So far phpBB 3 has taken some heat from some users about the old smilies, but I think they are staying the same.
VxJasonxV

Post by VxJasonxV »

Skuld wrote: I want to know that aswell! :mrgreen:

Wordpress uses, and I've seen the IM in KDE.. err its named slipped my mind ><; use them, they're labeled as 'phpBB' in there though

EDIT: kopette!
Konqueror?
I've seen a phpBB smilies for gaim and PSI pack.
"If You Support It, They Will Come."
"Construction"
IsaacWD

Post by IsaacWD »

stubbers wrote: There was a topic on the main board about Mr Green in particular and his origns. So far phpBB 3 has taken some heat from some users about the old smilies, but I think they are staying the same.
IMO, they're the best smilies I've ever seen. Clean, simple, crisp, small, and good looking.
Natan

Post by Natan »

For my opinion on the smilies as well as info on Mr. Green:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19065&hilit=smilies
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
FinalSoul

Post by FinalSoul »

IsaacWD wrote:
stubbers wrote: There was a topic on the main board about Mr Green in particular and his origns. So far phpBB 3 has taken some heat from some users about the old smilies, but I think they are staying the same.
IMO, they're the best smilies I've ever seen. Clean, simple, crisp, small, and good looking.
The only smilies I like better are the IPB ones. :D