Smarty as your template engine..

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
CLee

Re: Smarty as your template engine..

Post by CLee »

Um no. They may have used one process from Smarty, but that does not make the entire template system Smarty.
Carlos Myers
Member - Star Wars Roleplaying Club

psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

ShytKicker wrote: What you mean it is not smarty? You just said it is the code from smarty, if it is the code from smarty, then that automatically makes it smarty. What, you think just becuase you modify a few lines to your preference, it automatically becomes yours? That's not how it works.
sigh ... get a life ... read the source and shut up. First and last warning.

DeadEye686

Post by DeadEye686 »

ShytKicker wrote: What you mean it is not smarty? You just said it is the code from smarty, if it is the code from smarty, then that automatically makes it smarty. What, you think just becuase you modify a few lines to your preference, it automatically becomes yours? That's not how it works.

And, please, stop using the word logic, if you don't know what it means. Logic does not mean your server-side syntax.
Yay, I get to test out that 'Foe' feature!

ShytKicker

Post by ShytKicker »

Lol, funny how you tell ME to get a life lol. Whenever me or some other people try to joke around in othjer topics, you and your mods shut it saying they are not interested in jokes. lol, thats real funny.

phpbb always sucked, and always will suck. every1 knows it. if u look at big-boards, you guys appear twice in teh top 100, where vbulletin appears 73 times. You guys don't stand a chance, your code sucks, you use 3rd party software and think your all big and bad.

You guys are so stupid that in phpbb 2.0.x, you guys queries all the topics in teh topics table to get the forums read/unread LMFAO.

You guys are so ridiculous, that you are considering to store marked read topics/forums in the database, and on top oif that, a seperate row for each user lmfao.

Thenyou guys come out thinking you are better htan vbulletin saying it is "bloated" yet you guys have no clue about efficiency.

You guys are so dumb taht you release a developer version of phpbb 3. Lol.

You guys are so dumb, that yuou can't even fix the sid= in the url, it's bneen broken, an empty string, for the last 4 weeks.

You guys are such retards that you use 3rd party software for storing lousy templates. Lol, you guys are so dumb, you put tempaltes in .tpl files. LMFAO.

And then you guys say that the team is trying very hard to make the code efficient.

LMFAO, i got even better one,

YOU GYUS ARE SO DUMB, that you store all the different database queries in 1 block, and seperate it with ifs. LMFAO, tjhats thje funniest.

You guys are so dumb that you use * in the queries.

You guys are completely stupid. First off, you released this board under a GNU or whatever license, which means you can't ever sell this forum without remodifying the code. That is so hilarious....do you guys not release that you make a free forum, waste YEARS of your life, and get nothing in return? And sometimes people evfen *beep* at you.

Well, im done, im not gonna argue with people that think php/linux is the best way to go. LMFAO.

LMFAO, this is funnier, u guys are so *beep*, that when i poisted this i got this error:

SQL ERROR [ mysql ]

Too many connections

CALLING PAGE

/phpBB/posting.php&mode=reply&f=3&t=19573
Please notify the board administrator or webmaster :

Too many connetions, LMFAO, talk abouit efficiency.

BAN me, delete me, suspend me, destroy me, prune me, trash me, reply to me, make topics about me, disable me, email me, warn me (oh wait u dont even have this option in phpbb LMFAO), do whatever, IM not coming back.

OUT

TrevorB

Post by TrevorB »

Someone give the baby his bottle...
When does your forum come out? How much can we expect to pay for it?
Well I think that this disscussion got out of hand, but good job to the developers that read this and still continue. I'm a fan of phpbb, I think its great no matter what you do to it. Keep up the good work.

A_Jelly_Doughnut

Post by A_Jelly_Doughnut »

Ok,
you guys appear twice in teh top 100,
Funny, I count 5.
you use 3rd party software
Know anyone who doesn't? That is, anyone who can actually legally use the software that would be useful to them? IPB/vBulletin probably cannot due to their proprietary licesnes, at least without paying a royalty. Could be FUD, didn't do my reasearch.
You guys are so dumb taht you release a developer version of phpbb 3
And this is so dumb because? Every project hosted at Sourceforge (~75,000) is more or less required to do that.
You guys are so dumb, that yuou can't even fix the sid= in the url, it's bneen broken, an empty string, for the last 4 weeks
Feature, not a bug.
You guys are such retards that you use 3rd party software for storing lousy templates. Lol, you guys are so dumb, you put tempaltes in .tpl files
As opposed to what? .doc?
IM not coming back.
Good to hear. Thanks for playing.
A_Jelly_Doughnut

ShytKicker

Post by ShytKicker »

TrevorB wrote: Someone give the baby his bottle...
When does your forum come out? How much can we expect to pay for it?
Well I think that this disscussion got out of hand, but good job to the developers that read this and still continue. I'm a fan of phpbb, I think its great no matter what you do to it. Keep up the good work.
I WANT mah bottle!

Corey

Post by Corey »

Shy, i would love to see you write a better forum software and let us all see it....

ShytKicker

Post by ShytKicker »

Corey, you'd be surprised what a shyttalker can do. Or has done already.

BioALIEN

Post by BioALIEN »

Shyt I really dont get you. You disrespect phpbb, praise vBulletin yet your whole post gets directed towards linux/php in the end? :roll:

If you're going to have a go at someone for code and efficiency you should at least spell-check your output before you post!

Each (forum) software has its advantages and disadvantages, whichever you decide to use is based on YOUR personal opinion. Go ahead test out the CVS version and you'll be surprised how many of the points you criticised above are misguided? You may even end up too ashamed to admit it ;)

Ok you said you were leaving, so I wont take too much of your time. Be on your way before the admins make an example out of you :arrow:
BioALIEN
█ Secure your name before someone else does: TheMillionDollarAdvert.com
█ Get your permanent listing from $10 USD. You too can own a piece of internet history.
The moment you master the art of programming is the moment you program the art itself! - BioALIEN