Who is online functionality

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
tomyt2003

Who is online functionality

Post by tomyt2003 »

ok... here it goes...

hopefully this is in the right forum...

i currently run .0.13 phpbb and on my who is online in the ACP all of the ip adresses are the servers local ip adress... and no one has been able to tell me why!!

Apache logs different ip's but phpbb wont...

so my querie is will the new version handle this in a different way??
Or am i just being a muppet *probably this because most ppl seem to b able to get it working fine*

If i am a muppet could someone plz enlighten me to the fix??
Everywere i have tried no one can give me an answer...
PatrickStar4491

Re: Who is online functionality

Post by PatrickStar4491 »

This forum is the development board for phpBB 2.1.x (3.0). This has nothing to do with phpbb 2.0.x.

For support for phpbb 2.0.13, you can go [url=http://"http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/"]here[/url] and ask your question.
rivaldo

Post by rivaldo »

Here, actually.
SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

I think his query was this:
tomyt2003 wrote: so my querie is will the new version handle this in a different way??
Which they won't give him an answer to there. How to fix that, they will, but the point of his post isn't necessarily that.

For the record, I have no idea. ;)
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"
tomyt2003

Post by tomyt2003 »

thanx,

yes it was a compound post i suppose...

i did want to know if the new version did this is a different way, also if it does more info as to what a user is doing?

And also how to solve the problem... which your right is not suitable here...

But still no one can solve it there... so i thought id have a go at asking you developer types :-)

Ho hum... i am forever doomed to a bloomin local IP!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

The code here currently reports IPs differently to that on 2.0.x - whether it will by release I can't comment since the code on 2.0.x was changed in one of the bug/security fixes to address a spoofing issue.

You can "fix" it on 2.0.x by rolling it back to the pre-changed section of that particular code (I did post instructions on how to do it on the main site a couple of times), but if you do this, you need to be aware of the potential that someone code spoof the address (but it'll be more accurate than what you have right now)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
tomyt2003

Post by tomyt2003 »

legend ;-) thanx