Download Links not working?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
HRGuy

Download Links not working?

Post by HRGuy »

Hi, just registered and clicked on Download Links but it doesn't seem to go anywhere? Is it possible for a lowly registered user to download Olympus or is that restricted? :) I'm running 2.0.13 but really need a feature in 3 so I'd like to put it up even though it is in beta. Thanks.

Martin Blank

Re: Download Links not working?

Post by Martin Blank »

Olympus is not in beta. It's in pre-alpha state, with absolutely no support. Many features do not work properly, and there is no upgrade script. If there's a feature that you need, you should go to the main phpBB board and check in the mod forums to see if someone there has already done what you need, or can do what you need.
You can never go home again... but I guess you can shop there.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

You better use 2.0.13 version.
What exactly feature do you need?

You might find a mod for it...

But if you want you get development version here: http://area51.phpbb.com/cvs/" target="_blank (at the right)
This board is not 3.0 it is currently a development version 2.1.2
3.0 will be a stable release. :D
Sorry for my bad English....

Silent Ninja

Post by Silent Ninja »

The "Beta Download" link was a bad joke for the April's Fool Day... really, bad bad joke.
Silent Ninja // http://www.agrisnk.com.ar" target="_blank

HRGuy

Post by HRGuy »

Thanks for all the helpful clarification for a newbie 8O At least I know where I stand.
As mentioned in a previous post/message I will probably try to get Approve Mod to work. The update on it was apparently for 2.0.6--anybody know if it is likely to still work with 2.0.13? Thanks again!

Yoshi 15

Post by Yoshi 15 »

HRGuy wrote: Thanks for all the helpful clarification for a newbie 8O At least I know where I stand.
As mentioned in a previous post/message I will probably try to get Approve Mod to work. The update on it was apparently for 2.0.6--anybody know if it is likely to still work with 2.0.13? Thanks again!
If it worked for 2.0.6, there is probably a very high chance that it will work for 2.0.13.

ChALkeR

Post by ChALkeR »

Just use Denwer or any other pack for testing with Apache, Php and MySQL
test it on your computer =)

Do not test it on your site =)
Sorry for my bad English....