CVS checkin mailings not working correctly?

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Dunvallo

CVS checkin mailings not working correctly?

Post by Dunvallo »

Hi,
I am regularly reading through the phpbb-checkins mails provided by Sf. However, I recently noticed several changes like at the very end of this page:

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/foru ... um_id=2657" target="_blank

A line seems to be trunctuated. Since I guess that Meik would have spotted by now if really something with the checkin went wrong, I guess, the mailings have errors. Can anyone who has the mails actually sent to his mail account and is not just reading through the archive at sf.net confirm this?

[edit]Yes... just looked at the most recent CVS version of search.php. Everything is correct there, so it's just the mails that are bugged.

cyberCrank

Re: CVS checkin mailings not working correctly?

Post by cyberCrank »

A whole lot is truncated on the SF pages compared to the emails. So yes -- the CVS snapshots are your best bet to get the full and latest versions...

Good Luck!

Dunvallo

Post by Dunvallo »

So if I subscribe to the checkin mails, everything will be listed there? Or will the lines be trunctuated there too?

cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

I did not see truncation in emails but have not looked closely at them either. I normally review email for comments, etc., but do a manual local file compare to see what has changed and is different with new updates after downloading new CVS SS...

Pit

Post by Pit »

[Edit: nublishly nubed. I see the point now]