Questions and more questions!

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
lwq

Questions and more questions!

Post by lwq »

If my following questions had been answered previously, don't blame me, blame the board as I CAN'T access the SEARCH FUNCTION!

1)Can the snapshots be used for testing purposes on a Windows platform?
2)Is this current developing board called Olympus or phpbb2.2 or 3?
3)About when will this board to be completed?
lwq
Magnotta

Re: Questions and more questions!

Post by Magnotta »

1) don't see why not, as long as you have php, a server, and a database server
2) Olympus is it's code name as it's being developed. Once final, this board will be phpBB3. It was originally to be phpBB2.2, however due to how much the code has changed the number was changed to 3, so for what it matters, anything refering to phpBB2.2 or phpBB3 or Olympus all means the same thing(though by right it should not be refered to as 2.2 anymore).
3)Unknown, and the dev's have stated that they will not be giving any more estimates on when it will be released.
Dunvallo

Post by Dunvallo »

2.) Right now it's callen phpBB 2.1,. It will become 3.0 when it's finished.
Natan

Post by Natan »

The search function now works.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."