phpbb.com main site down???

Discussion of general topics related to the new version and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Forum rules
Discussion of general topics related to the new release and its place in the world. Don't discuss new features, report bugs, ask for support, et cetera. Don't use this to spam for other boards or attack those boards!
Natan

Re: phpbb.com main site down???

Post by Natan »

"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."
saltydx

Post by saltydx »

I didn't realize the ACP index page (2.0.13) froze if phpbb.com went down. At least it doesn't kill the whole ACP.
SimonEast

Post by SimonEast »

Yeah, my CP page took 30-60 seconds to load because phpBB.com was unreachable. Not sure what's happening with it.

< Simon >
Jotne

Post by Jotne »

It looks like it is down at the moment :?
Don't feed the Troll
Jotne=Troll (Norse mythology)
psoTFX

Post by psoTFX »

It seems from other peoples comments that some service providers do not have routes to the server ... the vast majority, across the globe obviously do. If anyone here is having continued problems accessing http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank I'd recommend you contact your service provider as a first port of call.
Jotne

Post by Jotne »

The strange thing is that area51 works all the time.
(I guess they are not on the same server)

I do a traceroute next time it does not answer.
Don't feed the Troll
Jotne=Troll (Norse mythology)
Graham

Post by Graham »

Given that www. and area51. are on totally different continents, it's not a surprise that you can reach one and not the other if your ISP is having problems ;)
"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish"

Graham
Eeek, a blog!
blobber

Post by blobber »

Simply try to use the server's IP directly - if it works, it's likely that the whole issue is because of wrong nameserver entries, then you should consider adding a couple of other nameservers to your hosts file - or the equivalent of it under windows - there should be such a possibility for each interface under windows.
SolarFX

Post by SolarFX »

... I can do it without the www., I just have to have http://" target="_blank :?
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, margarita in one hand - chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO! - What a Ride!"
stubbers

Post by stubbers »

Everyone who keeps doing this, please try http://www.phpbb.com" target="_blank first... It works for me whereas phpbb.com no longer works.